Real 'truth' for many aging witnesses.

by Doubtfully Yours 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Their Mother Organization fed them that the New System would be here by now. Therefore, they failed to make financial plans for today. And, guess what? Now many of the elderly have become a financial burden for the congregation and certain families that can provide the help.

Good thing here in the US there's help for low-income individuals, but how about all those aging witnesses abroad in the 3rd world countries? What a tragedy! The WTBTS should be held accountable for this disaster.

DY

• mrbarthoss
    mrbarthoss

Amen,....very well stated - As someone that works in financial services, I see this tragedy quite often. To heap on a life of near abject poverty, the betrayal of a religious organization, the sting is more than I can bear to think about (DON"T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONES!!)

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have seen some start to worry. I think that many are realizing that the reality of it all is that the end is not coming in their lifetime.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I kinda felt that way about my wife's ex husband's folks, I met them, nice enough couple, but nothing to show for years of obedience to the borg except too many couches in their small apartment.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

I see this same issue with my father. Fortunately , for him, he married the widow of a man that left her rather well off financially.

My concern is that if she dies, before him, her kids will toss out my dad, in a heartbeat, and I'll have to take him in. That in and of itself is not a problem, I love my dad, and enjoy being around him. Not to mention, I do feel obligated to help him out as much as I can. It'll be the JW baggage he'll bring with him.

LABD

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What I feel is really tragic is that it didn't have to be this way.

The WTS could have taught its followers that achievement was a good thing, and that there was nothing wrong with honestly attaining success as long as credit was given to the (mythical) Creator. They could have been a force for uplifting their membership. The Mormon church is pretty good in this regard.

But no - they're an apocalyptic cult, and they thrive on the downtrodden, beaten-down victims of the world, and they keep the hatred and resentment and envy festering like a spiritual boil until their entire psyche is consumed and wasted away.

They are reaping what they have sown.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

The sad part is that watchtower never learns from their mistakes and they continue to delude their members that the end is around the corner and therefore there is no need to save for the future.

I know many couples around these parts that are both pioneering and living on a shoe string waiting for the end to come any time now. So sad.

wanna

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Diaper time! GROWING OLD IN THE WATCHTOWER'S "SPIRITUAL PARADISE"Here it is friends in the year 2004.We are well into the 21st century.How are you coping?When i was conceived in 1956,my pioneer parents were reviled by the 'friends' for getting 'knocked up'.The end of this deplorable ole wicked world,was so close how dare they! The JW missionary's,from old Bridgewater Mass.USA .Who recruited my clan,also knocked themselves up with a beautiful baby girl.For this they never forgave themselves and were guilt ridden for life.That pioneer couple have turned to dust by now I'm sure.Roy A. from the Wilmot Flat New Hampshire USA Cong.,had heard a"judge" Rutherford sound truck booming along the road ca.1930'sh and responded to the 'ring of truth'.Roy pioneered to the extent that he had literally spoken to every single family member in his vast territory. Last I saw him in 1982 he was suffering from multiple disability's due to old age.He was so frugal, to budget his meager pension for his full time pioneering.Rest in peace Roy.The same goes for four generations of my family.We SQUANDERED our youthful vitality for a deceptive and demonic cult. `MILLIONS of victims of a conniving cult of greed.Growing old and infirmed,because they derived their income from 'washing windows' and their little JW cottage industries.Many have No retirement plan or savings to support them.No IRA or social security, some are even rendered HOMELESS in the "spiritual paradise". One of the perks of eldership is robbing the cradle.All you young babes who married prestige twice your age,look forward to changing daddy's diapers.Same goes with you 'toy boys' who married older JW women,"cause the new system is gonna make you young for me in six months".. What will happen to the Watchtower?BE WARNED WHEN THE JUDGMENT COMES, IT WILL START WITH [those who say they are] THE HOUSE OF GOD! [Matthew 25:41-46] Do pampers disposable diapers come in XXL adult ?

• JH
    JH

Some didn't get married

Some didn't get a good education

Some decided to have no children

Some didn't put money away for their old age

Some didn't take care of their health

Some kept their rotten job instead of aiming higher

...thinking the end was close

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Provocative Post DY,please pardon my rant,this topic really bites me hard. The Haszard family legacy.

My Dad began full time pioneering in 1951 with an adjusted for inflation nest egg of $50,000.He formed the original start up Bridgewater Massachusetts USA Kingdom Hall.

Married in 1956 flat broke and busted and the Haszard family has been broken ever since.....

Read all about my disastrously dysfunctional Jehovah's Witness family @ www.DannyHaszard.com Watchtower 'Golden parachute Plan'for the 'faithful' aka 'geeks'

My catchphrase for the WT$ leaders is."Charlie Manson without the look".

Think about it,Millions defrauded of their assets! No retirement plan,no pension plan for all the faithful JW's who,"kept the day of Jehovah close in mind".[ BOTH SETS of my JW grandparents]

Contented with their meager JW cottage industries like washing windows etc.

Oh, and the biggie Premature deaths due to poor healhcare.Not caring for their chronic heath concerns like hypertension etc.That's mass murder!

I already got a colostomy bag at age 38 for poor healthcare attributed to the 1975 default.I never got my teeth straightened as a child because God was gonna give me new choppers any day.

Ray Franz,in,"In search of Christian freedom".touched on lifetime Circuit overseers put out to pasture without even a severence plan.

Growing old in the Watchtower's," spiritual paradise " it really s**ks big time doesn't it. If there is a hell,may it burn hot for you [fraud for god] watchtower bastards. Flamethrower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit