Real 'truth' for many aging witnesses.

by Doubtfully Yours 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

My parents are in that boat. Both are now 69, both have undergone heart by-pass surgery and can no longer work. They need to move to a town in a lower altitude, but don?t have the resources. Both are depressed, can barely afford doctor visits and some of their medications. They could have easily worked decent jobs and made enough money to have a decent retirement.

You know if McDonalds can be sued because their coffee is hot??..the leaders of corporations can be prosecuted for misleading their employees and shareholders, causing the loss of billions???Why can't we sue the Governing Body for people who are misled into believing that Jehovah will provide for their every need and they end up destitute?

Just venting???

• Atilla
    Atilla

I think my parents will be deluded until the end of their lives. Recently, because my parents are moving and cleaning things out, I found an anniversary card (the only thing they celebrate of course) from my dad to my mom. In the card was all the typical romance blah, blah, but at the end my dad said to my mom hang in there, the new system is almost here. Both of my parents have bad health, my mom with rumatoid arthritis, my dad with chonic ulcers and migrains and to see them putting all their hope in a fantasy is very sad. Oh well.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Why can't we sue the Governing Body for people who are misled into believing that Jehovah will provide for their every need and they end up destitute?

You can, but you have to be able to prove intent to do something illegal, like fraud. There is possibility of course. The Society, by getting people to commit to the rest of their lives to be free employees of a publishing house as salesmen, managers, pressworkers, etc, has a sweet deal. We're talking conspiracy to commit fraud, fraud, RICO, tax-evasion.. lot's of stuff could be proven if you could prove intent, but barring some amazing revelation that no one at the top believes a word of it and that they are just doing this to get free help to get "donations" for their books and magazines. And I dont think that even among the exwitnesses, that there is a consensus of belief that the people at the the top don't believe.

Frankly I think the people at the top are some of the dumbest of all, and yes, I think they believe, so as long as there is freedom of religion, and they are not using religon just for an excuse to do business, then they can and should be able to do much of what they do. Much real blame rests on the hands of those who became witnesses in their adulthood, or who haven't left after knowing better in adulthood. It takes a villiage of idiots to raise an idiotic village.

Edited to add:

What I said was a little harsh. Not all JWs are idiots. Some are quite smart. Their faith is their business (that is not a pun, but it works well as one), and the smart ones have not put all their eggs in one basket, and will not be out living on alms in their sixties.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

The only case anyone has against the wts is Racketeering. Considering the expetise it takes to sucessfully win a racketeering case most lawyers are to smart to bite.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

XTP; ripoff racket indeed RICO would apply.

Also,since non-profit is non-'prophet' tax evasion too danny10.jpg (37877 bytes) click to enlarge

• Undaunted Danny
  • JH
    JH
    As a taxpayer, I am writing to blow the whistle and to ask what is going to be done about the Watchtower's tax evasion.

Did they answer you Danny?

• ball.
    ball.

Lets all remember we have a few aging witnesses amoung us, who have decided it is not too late. Let us all take stregnth from their experience. They decided it was not worth living the rest of their lives without being honest to at least themselves. God bless them all.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Certified letters to dept heads, attention:criminal investigation tax fraud 22 states wrote back with thanks,said they were gonna look into it......

All 49 USA states (except New Hampshire) require a vendors sales tax.

That was pre-internet 1997.Let's keep nailing them.

In 12 years now,I have spent ten's of thousands of dollars on various opps,still giving them a 'run for their money'.

You see,,,,WT$ ding-a-lings,there are real people out here, that can really damage you even in your Ivory tower.

They are doing Enron right now,and you are next!

• kls
    kls

DY, a little different spin on this . I wonder how many jws spend beyond their means, thinking the end will be coming and i won't have to pay it back. I wonder how many are putting themselves in debt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit