Real 'truth' for many aging witnesses.

by Doubtfully Yours 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I had an ante and uncle that as they got older and did not put away any money, they would sit around and read that new pc of crap the danial and isaiah books, very sad but you know they made their bed, and now they have to sleep in it, for me it is very hard to be sympathetic to those who point the finger and say that I am a low life for leaving, so as far as I am concerned they get what they deserve

• M.J.
    M.J.

Does it seem that the viewpoint has radically shifted among today's younger generations of dubs with regard to the end just around the corner? I have personally heard talk about retirement and the need to set up a savings account for the kids, etc., from a young JW couple.

the smart ones have not put all their eggs in one basket

Or, maybe they are the exception...

• Room 215
    Room 215

M.J. is right: increasing numbers of young JWs are simply tuning out the old WT rhetoric that denigrates higher education, prudent financial planning, home ownership and attainment of self-sufficiency (``materialism" to them) through remunerative careers.

Even the not-so-young dubbies with perhaps half their working years still ahead of them-- including plenty of elders-- are in much greater numbers ``hedging their bets" by contributing to pension plans and buying life insurance policies, even as they scale back on field service and meeting attendance.

``Pioneering," ``serving where the need is greater" and ``putting Kindgom interests first" are just fine-- for the other guy.

• justhuman
    justhuman

It is a sad thing to see this older people ending up like that. Most of all I feel sympathy for them because they were cheated by false hopes made by the Watchtower leaders, that soon they will be in the earthly paradise and all your problems will disappear!!!

Specially when you see this happening in your family it is even more sad. My dad (that spend his life as a full time pioneer and elder, went to Gilead) now he is 80 years old and still he is saying that Armageddon it is just around the corner.

From 1954 that he became a JW 50 years have past and still he believes strongly what those liars in Brooklyn are saying. He didn'r cared so much about his children (and I'm talking about education and for the future)because he couldn't see any other future beside the future of the WT. He didn't care much about retirement and when he will get old and now he has financial difficulties. In my fathers case reminds me an old Greek saying "don't put your eggs in one basket"

He trasted the WT and spend most of his life believing them. NOTHING came true and now all I see is an old man expecting to see Armageddon.

I just can imagine how many other thousands JW in the world may have even worst situation regarding this matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit