I going to picket my parents convention this weekend!

by Atilla 61 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus
    My question is, do you not have self-esteem? Why do you want to be seen as a crazy moron? When they see you standing there like a fool, holding a sign, every single Witness will think you have a couple of screws loose.

Not only do they think you will have a few screws loose, but love the attention. When I was a dub, people were screaming and carrying on outside... it was ridiculous. That's not the message that I wish to present. But not one person is right, and not one person is wrong. YOu need to decide what to do, and just do it. You'll get 1,000 different opinioons here.

• Atilla
    Atilla

Well, if it helps, I decided not to go. Maybe had the convention been closer but I decided I had better things to do, like spend time with my wife and my child. Driving 3 hours to Philadelphia wasn't worth it but someday, especially if I live closer, it will be on my to do list.

• shamus
    shamus

That sounds like a much better thing to do. Letting hate drive you to do things that are questionable at best is simply worthless.

I will never forget those people screaming and hollering outside 'protesting'. My first DC, I was told excitedly by an elder to expect them while we were driving, and, sure enough, there they were! It was something to look forward to. I really feel if people understood the truth about the WTBTS, they would leave them alone and sign them off as lunatics.

My step-bro was asking me a few weeks ago why there were so many weird Jehovahs Witnesses at the local coliseum. He thought that they were completely bizarre. They packed his bus, all with name tags, suitcases with books, and the heat was 35 celcius. We had a good laugh over it, and we sat by the pool with our families, drinking a cook drink, swimming. I haven't thought of it since. They have lost control over me, and the screaming people years ago when I had my delusions of paradise erf only told me that something was wrong... with the opposers!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    As for Sword of Jah, don't pay any attention to him. I'll edit his/her post if you find it offensive, but most of the time we just roll our eyes and ignore him/her.

Nina

Nina, I really don't think Sword of Jah should have his/her post deleted for simply giving his/her opinion. My problem with this person is the way he/she snipes at others and runs like a scared little rabbit. Apparently this individual doesn't have the courage of his/her convictions.

It would be nice if we could determine the gender of this "rabbit." Bug

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Bug, I said that because at the beginning of the thread SOJ called attila a couple of names that have been considered offensive by many in other posts, and I wanted to let him know that if he was offended I would remove them.

Just doin' my duty!

Nina

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Repost reply from page two:

[[[Undaunted Danny has years of picket duty experience.I have found my best results with the 'laid back' approach. Find a sign post to lean against and wear a Walkman and have fun.[ The Walkman is invaluable if you are taunted as you can 'dum-down' and not listen] The police and civilians alike will admire your cool touch,and you will get more respect and readership of your sign. Remember you want people to read your sign/message.You don't want to scare them off.I usually avoid traffic intersections,as you don't want to distract drivers and cause an accident.]]] This is effective picket protocol nice n easy.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

So you'r not gonna go.

I was gonna suggest that you be sure to sort out your mom and dad as they leave and say high,

as you are waving your sign.

That ought to get their attention.

Oh well.

Outoftheorg

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I say go for it! Here in the United States people picket the president everyday, why not picket some false religious cult instead. George Bush's policies may have hurt some people in this country, But the watchtower society inflicts lifelong damage to many people. Im thankful that I live in a country where we have the right to voice our opposition. If I was rich and didnt have to work, I would picket every last convention in this country and many kingdom halls too. If it makes you feel better than by all means picket, One piece of advice though-if this is your first picket, then pick another location different from your family's convention. Im planning to picket Duluth Georgia, and no one in Georgia knows me as all of my JW family live in Ohio and Kentucky. I eventually plan to tell my jw family members someday just how I feel about the wt society and its beliefs, but for now I will concentrate my apostate operations in other parts of the country.

Dave

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Lol! I'd go with ya, if I didn't have a hair cut appointment tomorrow! I have even figured out how to get to Philly in 50 minutes, not getting lost

• DIM
    DIM

you'll look like a crazed apostate....confirm everything they think about you. Its really stupid. You should just show them how happy you are by living a great life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit