Believe It or Not!

by Steve Egner 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

Driving home after a long bike ride last Sunday, I turned onto my street, just a couple of blocks from my home. Clad only in lycra bike shorts and jersey, I had my window down, my shades on, and a nice endorphin buzz from a great outing.

Without warning, a large, dense, golf ball sized pine cone from one of our towering neighborhood evergreens careened through my window like a meteor, and nailed me right on my left testicle. I nearly crashed my rig. Lycra offers scant protection.

Believe It or Not!

Anything weird happen to you lately?

Steve

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Ow.

No nothing weird happened lately that I can think of, will think about it.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Believe it or not, I was visiting friends for dinner and afterward they suggested I go visit their grown daughter and son-in-law not far away. As I had just parked a few doors down from their home and got out of the car here comes the son-in-law down the street. I waved but he didn't notice me and he was about to drive on by without even stopping. There was no way I was going to let that happen so I said to myself, 'hey, maybe I can get his attention with this pine cone'. Jst2laws

• talesin
    talesin

Believe It or Not

Last week, I was at work (we have four stores). I called one of the other locations, and the boss said, "oh, there is someone here who is looking for you, I'll put him on."

It was an exJW I had grown up with. I have run into him twice in the past 28 years. He knew I worked there in the past, etc. So, he is getting married in two weeks, and I received my invitation in the mail today!

Isn't that great? Oh, and his bride-to-be is an exJW whose family I knew well. ;)

Strange how I just happened to call the other store at that exact moment ... kismet, thinks this one ...

• talesin
    talesin

... or, as I like to say, "Power of Kreskin" ...

(runs quickly before the stoning begins)

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

Lehaa

Ow.

My sentiments exactly. Not exactly, however, the language I used at the time.

jst2laws LMAO. Steve, you have my complete attention now (covering my private parts).

Steve Egner

• Mac
    Mac
    Without warning, a large, dense, golf ball sized pine cone from one of our towering neighborhood evergreens careened through my window like a meteor, and nailed me right on my left testicle. I nearly crashed my rig. Lycra offers scant protection.

Now this is weird..........

The other night I had climbed a towering pine tree when suddenly my left testicle dropped out nailing a pine cone down below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mac

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

talesin I was still muttering in disbelief over the incredible coincidence of my brush with jst2laws when your experience popped up.

Strange how I just happened to call the other store at that exact moment ... kismet, thinks this one ...

So many cosmic links, so little time...

Steve

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

Mac So should we call you Lefty now, in honor of your departed testicle, or Deadeye Dick, in recognition of your sharpshooter's accuracy?

Steve

• Mac
    Mac

Just call me Poncho...

"And all the tears that Poncho cried...

turned to dust when Lefty died"

mac, Willie or won't he class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit