Elder Comes To My Mother's House To Inquire of Minimus & Family

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

FRANKLIN, I meant to say "blow them off".

• JH
    JH

It's sad to see your mother cry.

• minimus
    minimus

JH, do you know my mother.....You've seen her cry?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Then he told her that in his Hall, a number of elders and mature ones have suddenly disappeared and without notice----stopped going. She said he was very bewildered by it all.

Are they fixin to blame you for this disappearance? Mental Elder, makes sense to me.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeru----No. 2 different areas. But still crazy.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Mulan told us,

A few years ago an old JW friend showed up on our doorstep and said "I want to know what you know. You wouldn't have left without knowing something". We were cautious, but ended up telling her quite a lot, and she left too.

You have GOT to respect a person who is that intellectually honest!

Most JWs, probably including Min's old pal, each think that they have superior understanding than their associates. Min's friend should see the rats leaving the ship and think that maybe he should start swimming too.

But will he?

I hope so, for his sake, but it's far more likely he'll conclude that each one of those former elders was in some nefarious way snared by "the serpent." He may resolve, as so many others have, that HE will maintain his integrity to the invisible sock-puppet from Brooklyn.

His "mental problems" will likely continue to plague him as a result of his irrational loyalty.

• minimus
    minimus

What's interesting is that he told my mother of all the assistance that he recieved from the "friends" during his difficulties. I believe he can only relate to that experience. He's one of those, "Where else shall we go?" types.

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Minimus

I remember those days...they try to get to you through your family or your friends.

If you keep up with the low profile they might eventually leave you alone.

It would be nice if they left your mom alone.

Special K

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, my mother is close to 80. She's a regular pioneer on the infirm list and her life has been the "truth".

• findingme
    findingme

Min, you didn't tell your mom about us did you??? It is supposed to be a secret affair!!!

Seriously, sorry to hear your mom is upset.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit