We need solid advice from former Elders

by peacefulpete 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    once you've had time to heal, you will likely conclude that these bozos did you a big favor
    Send each of the Elders a letter announcing THEY have been DF'd

I'm in agreement with these statements of Room215 and Yeru.

Really, it'd be best to face the real truth about "The Troof", yes, face it full on and realise that it's better to be out than in. You do believe that, don't you?

As far as your parents are concerned, they will have to make their own choices. Really they must face up to their own actions. If they don't like it yet still cut you off, it's on their own heads, not yours. If you are to be true to yourself, you won't be playing the Borg's little games.

• minimus
    minimus

What Uzzah said...... Get a good lawyer and MAYBE they'll back off. I've been thru a few appeals. They are 99% rubber stamps.....Regarding their "evidence", it it's a link to the UN thing, that means zero. If IN WRITING you said things that might be considered "apostate", you are done, esp. if you didn't go to their investigatory meeting. If 5 people came out and simply said, "He said apostate things to us too", (EVEN IF IT'S A LIE), if they choose to believe it---you're df'd.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Um maybe I am missing the point "out" "in" are childish symantics considering there is not any difference between a "worldly" person and a JW. I believe is your name was slandered in another country you would care about enough to atleast take some action to defend your reputation espeacially if you have something to loose from it. Their is no difference than with these alegegations.

• gumby
    gumby

I won't add to what has already been said but I would like to say this.

Almost unbelievably after 4 years of staying away from the Hall and the JWs last week they called and said there were allegations of apostasy against us. We have been very quiet about our feelings and so were very surprised and angered.

So much for JR Browns bullshit lying media story about how they ostracise nobody who wishes to leave the Organisation. 4 fricken years and their STILL watching your ass! They hunt you down like a damn bounty hunter!

I won't say what I'd like you to tell them.

Gumby

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    The first thing that an appeal looks for is evidence of repentence

Just to note, that the evidence of repentance that is being looked for is *not* that been shown *after* the JC. The Appeal Committee are there to judge whether a wrong decision was made *at the time* of a disfellowshiping. They may agree that repentance has been displayed after the disfellowshipping took place, but would still uphold the original decision.

Best regards - HS

• minimus
    minimus

Lovely isn't it, Hillary?? If the elders had met with a person---just 1 more meeting, they could've achieved "repentance".

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

My advice is to walk away.

My dad was a former elder, and I have never heard of an appeal working, nor have I ever had a decent JC - once, I take that back, but anytime the elders think they can get away with diffing somebody they will.

CZAR

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

KEEP IN MIND THAT A JC IS NOT A COURT OF LAW, WITH REQUIREMENTS AND CONTROLS PLACED ON THE PROSECUTING ATTORNEY.

ESSENTIALLY, THEY OPERATE UNDER A "WE ARE OUT TO GET THEM" MENTALITY. I HAVE ACTUALLY HEARD THEM SAY "WELL IF WE CAN'T GET HER ON THIS, WE CAN GET HER ON BLA BLA BLA"

THE ONLY THING THAT IS SUCCESSFUL IN AN APPEAL, IS IF YOU ARE WILLING TO GROVEL ENOUGH AND MAKE THEM BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE TRULY REPENTANT FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE. THEN YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THROUGH AND RETURN TO THE MEETINGS.

IF YOU HAVE TOLD YOUR PARENTS AND THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ALERTED THE ELDERS THEN THERE IS REALLY VERY LITTLE DOUBT ABOUT YOUR POSITION REGARDING THE WBTS.

IT MATTERS NOT WHETHER YOU REALLY HAVE DONE THE DIRTY DEED OR WHETHER THEY FOLLOWED THE RULES. THEY ARE CONVINCED THAT YOU ARE GUILTY.

IF IT WERE ME, I WOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ELDERS. EXCEPT TO TELL THEM POLITELY, TO F*** OFF. IF THE NEED ARISES.

GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE AND DEAL WITH THE OUTCOME OF LEAVING THE ORG. THERE WILL BE GRIEF AND ANGER AND UNFAIR TREATMENT. YOU CAN'T PREVENT IT, ONLY LIVE WITH IT AND GET PAST IT ALL.

IF YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS DECIDE TO SHUN YOU, THAT IS THEIR DECISION AND ONLY TIME AND THE POSSIBILITY THAT THEY WILL COME TO THEIR SENSES WILL CHANGE THAT.

THE ABOVE IS BASED ON HAVING BEEN AN ELDER AND MY OWN EXIT FROM THE BORG.

Outoftheorg

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

its just more proof that fading, lying low, doesn't work. The Watchtower Society is a control-mechanism and it hates anything that tries to escape beyond its control. My suggestion to you is follow your heart and mind and conscience, not letting the "What-If's" get in the way. Even if you win your appeal, they will only come after you again, and you will not really be free. Freedom is worth it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe a detailed account of this 'judicial' charade could be sent to all the media, to the city of moscow, to the govt of france, etc. True, that that won't change the jc decision, but it would be cathartic/therputic for those wronged. It could have some affect on the parents' attitude.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit