• Celtic
    Celtic

hear hear

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

what what

• blondie
    blondie
    There was one particularly fanciful one way back, whereby Freddie sought to make prophetic sense of Samson's eating the honey he scraped out of a lion's carcass...anyone else remember it?

Room 215, perhaps you were thinking of this:

w67 2/15 108 Jehovah Makes Full Might Abound ***

14 Spiritual warfare on behalf of God?s truth and righteousness has always brought great joy to the modern-day Samson class. Doing God?s will is food to them, and especially their sharing in the vindication of Jehovah?s name against his enemies. (John 4:34) Samson, on returning past the lair of the lion, "turned aside to look at the carcass of the lion, and there there was a swarm of bees in the lion?s corpse, and honey. So he scraped it out into his palms and walked on, eating as he walked." (Judg. 14:8, 9) Down to this day, the Samson class find sweet sustenance as they reflect on Jehovah?s use of them in theocratic warfare, even to exposing and slaying the Protestant "lion" with his Word of truth.?Eph. 6:17; Ps. 77:11, 12.
  • cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

One of the most painful WT studies was after a well liked sister in the congo had died tragically. The WT study that week was really a weird one--this was a few years back and it started out something about dead bodies and the worms crawling in and out of them (some kind of grumsome biblical stuff.) The brother reading the article couldn't make it through the first morbid paragraph and started to cry. Many others started to cry to (myself included). This morbid study article was like a bad dream to the grieving audience. Another less sensitive brother got up and took over the reading. The whole thing was very painful.

• Atilla
    Atilla

No WT study in particular but anything over 20 paragraphs always pissed me off. Sometimes there would be those studies with 24 paragraphs and the conductor would go over time.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    Heeeee Haaaaw,ride em cowboy;
    KEEP PACE WITH JEHOVAH'S CELESTIAL CHARIOT

Circa 1991 primary Watchtower study Rockland Massachusetts. I remember the Watchtower lesson well.The $ociety's interpretation/take on the highly symbolic prophecy of Ezekiel chapter one.The visiting guest elder from the Hingham Massachusetts Kingdom Hall,commented on how,"Jehovah's 'wheels' looked like something outta star trex".How reverential,to compare sacred writings to science fiction.

The lesson to be had was that ,"Jehovah's visible organization makes' changes' at 'light speed.So we need to faithfully,"...keep pace with Jehovah's celestial chariot".Be warned, there is no,'trailer hitch',on Jehovah,s buggy.( his comment)

Hebrews 13:8-9 clearly states in any Bible:"..Jesus Christ is the same yesterday,today and forever,DO NOT BE CARRIED AWAY WITH VARIOUS AND STRANGE TEACHINGS..".

How truly blasphemous for the Watchtower to impute Almighty God's 'navigation', to their shifting 'progressive' flip flops,and that the WT$ is in the driver's seat. Critical 'apostate' pages like your's truly,are effecting changes in the WT$'s policies and practices.I have no objective to change them.You can not reform a a deadly cult that is, ROTTEN TO THE CORE!( Eccl 1;15 )

Throw the bums out!

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

MOST OF THEM!!!

As I've said before on another thread, during the watchtower study I liked to daydream!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I remember one badly written Watchtower that said that "unmarried sister have no human heads." I was reading the WT at that time and I couldn't keep from laughing, trying to imagine the kind of heads that unmarried sisters had... Lions? Cabbage?

CZAR

• minimus
    minimus

Elsewhere and Gita----YOU GUYS ARE TOO FUNNY!!.......The worst Wt. study had to be the Sept. 1 and 15 WT. 1981 that told us how we had to "tighten up" against "wrongdoers and disfellowshipped ones".....I see that now.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Back in the day, they used to show us film footage of Goldstein, who was the enemy of the people because he held different, renegade views. After everyone screamed themselves hoarse denouncing him, Big Brother appeared. We all chanted BB! BB! BB! and felt much better knowing that we would never have to think or decide for ourselves; Big Brother would give us all the guidance we needed, if we just trusted in his wisdom.....

Oh, wait, sorry. That was from Orwell's 1984. I keep getting them confused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit