Your worst Watchtower Study ever?

by Celtic 31 Replies latest jw friends

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I confess I never understood any of the Watchtower studies. I don't think anyone really did. They were too full of logic-loops and sciptures usually taken out of contexts and third-party quotes with no source adequately quoted.

I just liked to carry the microphone pole up the aisle and look at women's legs, and be joyful in Jehovah's creation of the female form and this one chick that never wore underwear.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Anything with the words "type and anti-type" in it.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I lost the privilege of "commenting" at the meetings after one of my reproofs.

Hm.

So now I just sat there and was bored. and for the first time I started listening to what these morons were saying; instead of just preparing my next soliloqouy...

So all the ones where the broedom of forced inactivity kept me sweating and paining over and over and over until death itself seemed my only escape. It was like god's own finger pushing me out the door. At first I thought He was mad at me, until I realized he was pushing me out because the DUBS WEREN'T FOR ME!!!

CZAR

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

All of them bored me to tears....read paragraph, ask question, answer: re-paraphrase paragraph, maybe read a scripture....

Total spoon feeding....

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

My sister's mother-in-law had a terrible hair-lip (something wrong with roof of her mouth, as I understand it) that caused her to talk out of her nose mostly. It was like listening to a someone trying to talk into a muffled kazoo. She gave the longest comments I have ever heard, always much logner then the paragraphs and full of emotion on even the driest subjects. And despite that, no one ever understood a word that she said. No one ever said "Same Thought" when called upon right after her.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was also the WT study conductor for years and had to be sure the questions were covered properly. I can't even remember what it was all about now, I have done such a good job of flushing my mind of all that crap. It was just repetition each week of the GBs ideas of what Jehovah wanted his loyal servants to be doing right before the end came......1879, 1914, 1925, 1975, before the ending of the 20th. century etc.

I became a liar just like the Wt writers in fostering their "truth".

Ken P.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The worst continue to be the ones related to us living at the end of times and how we should behave accordingly.

I purposely miss those meetings.

DY

• Room 215
    Room 215

There was one particularly fanciful one way back, whereby Freddie sought to make prophetic sense of Samson's eating the honey he scraped out of a lion's carcass...anyone else remember it?

• Soledad
    Soledad

Oh now come on Elsewhere, what's wrong with you?? The correct answer is: white vinegar

mary and elsewhere, I'm disappointed in both of you. the correct answer is HOT SAUCE!

I hated the studies on Ezekiel. they made no friggin sense and even the conductor didn't know what the hell he was talking about!

• TD
    TD

I remember one really, really bad study article about 10 years ago. (I'll add a reference when I get home)

Using the most convoluted, torturous reasoning I've ever heard from the JW's, it taught that the organization corresponded to the Israelite cities of refuge and Jesus to the the avenger of blood.

All of mankind was "bloodguilty" and therefore needed to seek the refuge of the organization to avoid being killed by Jesus.

The JW's nodded their heads like robots and not one of them connected the dots -- It was so amazing, I wanted to shout.

What I mean by this is that the relationship of the "avenger of blood" to the "unintentional manslayer" is clearly adversarial. These two are not friends, to put it mildly. Christ was therefore cast as our enemy, and the JW organization as our protection from this enemy.

There's probably no other Christian religion on the face of the earth that would pull such a stunt. Most would consider such an interpretation outright blasphemy and a renouncement of Christianity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit