Your worst Watchtower Study ever?

by Celtic 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

What article was it when you were a witness that was the most complicated for you to understand? I remember that there were a right few beaut's, dad being the wt conductor, of course we had to go through the finer detail getting to the most indepth meaning and how it linked up. Hmmmmmmm.

What was your worst watchtower study ever then? Which article from which era completely baffled you?

Can you give us a link to that study also?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The time when I was a kid and the conductor asked: "What did Lot's wife turn into. I'll give you a hint... you put it on your french fries."

I raised my hand and proudly answered: Ketchup!

Allas... I was informed that my answer was not correct.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

lol

I raised my hand and proudly answered: Ketchup!

I think anything that had to do with dates or the book of revelation.

• Mary
    Mary
    The time when I was a kid and the conductor asked: "What did Lot's wife turn into. I'll give you a hint... you put it on your french fries." I raised my hand and proudly answered: Ketchup!

Oh now come on Elsewhere, what's wrong with you?? The correct answer is: white vinegar.

• Alleymom
  • blondie
    blondie

The next one if you are still in or the last one if you are out.

I find the ones that purport to be a study of bible prophecy to be the worst. Since no one pre-studies, it is hard to wing it and read the answer from the paragraph. Fortunately, since the death of Fred Franz, those are few if non-existent.

Blondie

• Confucious
    Confucious

A very true story and I remember it well, because I was reading the WT that day.

The big news that morning was that a young man was killed in a freak bungy jumping accident.

It happened in our city.

Anyway, the big news besides that was that the mother of the young man was sueing the Bungy Jumping people for negligence.

Anyway, the study that day was on Greed.

So this one brother comments in a real self-righteous tone sayint that it was greed since they were suing.

I wish I had the guts I have now, but today, I would have stood up in the middle of the congregation and tore that brother a new one.

I mean, what if the mother was at the KH. Her son just died and she's trying to find a little justice.

I'm sure if it was 10 million dollars, she'd give it back to have her son.

Holy Sh!t. I get so pissed when I think about these stories...

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Thankfully I can't recall any one in particular. They have all just blurred together in my memory like the watches in Dali's painting lol. The whole experience was rather surreal ;) Much of the time I was drawing grafitti in the margins and trying to zone out. Well there was the one time my barette sprang off my head and flew back 3 rows and hit someone sitting behind me! LOL now that was funnier than heck. Basically anything in Daniel or Ezekiel and the dratted banded tree and the time, times and half a times and blah blah blah, take out slide rule...calculate a bit more and there you have 1914! easy as pie. Thought I was a dunce for not seeing it clearly. They sound so sure of themselves I thought that SURELY they must be right and be must more intelligent than myself! Have I mentioned how incredibly joyful I am to be out from under the nonsense dogma of JWism??? YAY!!!!

BW of the independent thinking and dang proud of it class

• Undecided
    Undecided

I can't remember any of the WT studies, but I remember one public talk I had to give explaining the Daniel, Ezekiel, Revelation view of the seven world powers(or was it six?) I wonder how many of the KH goers understood it when I was through?

Ken P.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Perhaps the WT (or maybe it was an Awake) about the person who worked at a hospital and came across medical records about a young woman that she knew that had an abortion. Then they said we were obligated to go to the elders with such knowledge if the person didn't. I was floored...and couldn't believe that even medical records weren't private from the glaring eyes of the elders!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit