Those silly Kingdom Melodies

by RR 24 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Ever get one of those jungles in your head and you can't get rid of it. I was trying to put my son to sleep, there he is leaning on me and I'm humming, and realized it was a Kingdom melody. 15 years and they're still in my head!

RR

• Atilla
    Atilla

No, but to me they all sounded the same. I ordered all of the quad Kingdom Melody CD's-listened to a few of them back in the day, but of course I didn't donate a damn thing.

• The Thinker
    The Thinker

The things we learn when we are young stay with us allways. I stopped being a catholic when I was 14yo, I am now 45yo but I still remember many of the catholic songs that were sung in Church. I started to be a JW when I was 20yo untill now, but I still remember the catholic tunes more easierly then the JW tunes.

• RR
    RR
    Thinker, I was a Catholic too, and what amazes me is whenever I go to a wedding, I still remember all those silly chants, "The lord be with you" "and also with you" lol

RR

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

being only out a short time now those KH melodies continue to play on in my brain--there are lots of triggers out there to get them going. Just writing this email triggered "let's watch how we walk and watch how we talk and stumble none in our minestry" (I never liked that one even when I was a JW) Hopefully they will fade away one day

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Whenever that happens to me I just have some fun and change the words to the songs.

Walter

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Went to a disctrict CON-vention last month. They opened the Sat. PM session with "Let's Watch How We Walk." It is still making the rounds in my mind.

LABD

• baysixforme
    baysixforme

When I got baptised, I remember that after the break to lunch we sang song 113 (or 133)? ...Ithink.."We are Jehovah's Witnesses"...traahh lah lah la laaaaah la lahhhhhh.............

[Edit]...I felt sooooo proud because eventually, oficiallyabsolutely, no-question-about-it......I was a REAL, proper,sorted,no-going-back member of that insane minority of the population that professes to bear the approval and priveledges of God!

Times change............ but unfortunately some things stick and have a habit of creeping up behind you and slapping you on the back..............like kingdom melodies! I have moments when I may be doing some normal, every day task when a word or expression will trigger something in my mind and I will recite it, find the tune and hate myself for it afterward.

Bay64me

• Confucious
    Confucious

Had a friend that was a dub and converted some of those songs into Rap songs.

I mean, they were legit songs. No cursing.

They were mostly like Christian Rap. But they were good!!! Ha!

Anyway, some of the people found out and did they ever give him hell!!! LOL

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

"From house to house, from door to door
    JEHOVAH'S word we spread............

ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!! Worse song EVER!!!!

What even sucked is that I would actually get this song stuck in my head every Saturday Morning.

And, at every door I went to, there was alway's the constant reminder of....

....."Of course it's not at every door
    We find a hearing ear......... <something something > and those who will not hear"

(Always had one Sister in the congregation who would practically screech this next part)
    "T'was just the same in Jesus' day, not all would hear his word".

But, I LOVE Farkel's rendition of this song. Anybody have the link?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit