Those silly Kingdom Melodies

by RR 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

Ciara, no kidding. and not only classic hymns, but lots of classical music. I use Bach quite a bit for massage sessions and find myself humming bits of Kingdumb melodies after certain CDs. I never really put it together until my husband pointed it out after a session. TWO of the pieces on this one album sounded like parts had been hijacked wholesale by the Kingdumb "composers."

I also have another classical CD that a friend made for me, and there are a couple of arrangements on there that sound suspiciously like the inspiration for Kingdumb songs.

Not unprecedented though... people have been lifting bits of classical music for years to make something new. Has anyone heard that new JEM song "They"? Bach again, nearly half the song is note for note Bach. I like it though.

Odrade

• Odrade
    Odrade

RR, this is the line that never failed to crack my hubby and me up:

But I can ever beat them off...

Hahaha. mind... gutter... out... ummm...

How about "if your body functions you control...." ha. No one ever even noticed that's what my husband was singing. Then he would start laughing to himself. When I was still trying, and still believed, it used to make me so angry. I said he was being disrespectful. But toward the end, I would be laughing too, and I'm not a quiet laugher, so people always glared at us.

• RR
    RR
    RR, I guess you know prefer "Blest be the tie that binds", don't you? ;-)

I love that hymn. It's Hymn number 23 in the Hymns of Millennial Dawn, It's actually called "Christian Fellowship". RR

• RR
    RR

I remember working with the CO in service. We all packed into his car and were driving to the territory. Music was playing on his cassette deck. ALthough we couldn't understand the words,because it was in Polish. The music was Christmas tunes. Turned out that the JW's in Europe during communism didn't have the music, only the words, so they would sing the songs to Christmas music.

Can we sing to the tune of Jingle Bells "Field service, field service, fielllllldddd service."

RR

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I amazed myself a couple of weeks ago when I went to an dub's (1 I knew very well) funeral. They started singing Life Without End at Last! and I knew almost every word. I just lip sang though, didn't want anybody to get the wrong idea that I enjoyed being there.There are alot of songs I remember but I chose not to hum/sing them. None of those songs pick me up or get me going like gospel music does for me now. There are days when I'm down in the dumps and certain songs(gospel) instantly come to mind and I start singing them and I get a big pick-me-up. Without fail sometimes when I get in my car and a song will come to mind that I wouldn't mind hearing at that moment and it actually comes on, do you think that's coincidence or just my imagination, running away with me....oops wrong type of song...lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit