Those silly Kingdom Melodies

by RR 24 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

...Oh yeah and RR...

"Peace be with you"

• Justin
    Justin

Once when the Society came out with a new songbook they mentioned that they had to delete some songs found in the older book because they contained some of Christendom's melodies, and they wouldn't want us to be reminded of going to church! See, they know.

• RR
    RR

My wife and I do that. Make up words to the melodies. One time I was singing part of a hymn and he looked at me and said "that's is so silly" I told her hey, that's how thje song really goes. I had to prove it to her.

Song number 125 Jehovah Is on My Side goes like this:

I know that in this crucial hour

My faith will yet be tested.

Around me swarms the Devil?s crowd

Like bees that were molested.

But I can ever beat them off

Beneath divine protection.

On those who love to bear his name,

God sets his deep affection.
  • Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

OK - all together now....

When eyes of blind one see again, When leeepppps of dumb (?) ones speak agaaiiinnn
    Annnnndd ears of deaf ones heeeerrrrr again - (probly missed a bit - can't remember).

All these things you'll realiiiiisee, (deep breath now) If yooooo keep (low note now) your eyes (stacatto)
    on - theeeee - prize.

As sung by a sister ay my KH - it was one of those times you had to be there to appreciate it - methinks she couldn't join Scottish Opera and pioneer at the same time!

AAh the memories!

FF

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

RR, I guess you know prefer "Blest be the tie that binds", don't you? ;-)

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

It's amazing how many of those songs I know by heart, I suppose after 30 years of singing them It will take ages to start to forget them.

Yup I still walk aroung humming some of them.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I used to play the organ so I hardly know any lyrics but some melodies come up my mind occasionally.

• Ciara
    Ciara
    they mentioned that they had to delete some songs found in the older book because they contained some of Christendom's melodies

I go to church regularly, and you wouldn't believe how many of the old songs were copied by the JW's. Many have the same tune or the similar lyrics.

Ciara

• SAHS
    SAHS

Okay, people! I think we all need some theocratic direction here. So, altogether now:

[In a ?Knights Who Say ?Nit!? ? march:] Leeeeeeeets Watch how we walk, aaaaaand, Watch how we talk, [Now prancing around like Austin Powers wearing a faggoty doublet:] aaaaaand stumble none in our miiiiin - iiiii - stryyyyy! . . . Duuuuumb - dee - dumb - dee - dumb, dumb, dumb, dee . . . duuuuumb - dee - dumb - dee - dumb, dumb, dumb.

[Good! Good! Wooooonderful! Okay, repeat and rinse until sufficiently happy ... or puke (whichever comes first).]

?SAHS (of the ?Theocratic Choirmaster Class?)

• cab1000
    cab1000

Interestingly, A freind (still quite the dub) sent me a email attachment where PRINCE preforms one of the kindom Melodies. Actually, I always liked the tunes, and still listen to them now and again. I still have it if anyone is interested in hearing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit