Please tell me your story of.....

by Doubtfully Yours 25 Replies latest social relationships

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

jeffT , a lovely heartwarming story.

kls.. you made me chuckle then saddened me as well. I know the feeling only too well

I realised in one "Road to Damascus" moment that it must all be wrong. I then set about finding more informationand having lost my fears I learned how to use the internet and found everybody. I diod not tell everything all at once. I was still serving the cong and I wanted to fade rather than walk away. I let my wife see gradually that I had lost faith in the Org. When I resigned as an elder she was initially hurt and angry but got over it a bit when she got to see what pratts they were.

She is still very disappointed and, I believe, hurt by my non belief. We have lots of arguments but we stay together. it has been a long difficult marriage anyway so I guess neither wants to start over now...

it is not a heartwarming story, but i guess that is life?

• kls
    kls

DY , i have waited 28yrs for my husband to leave the cult , and time is running out.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I'm just thinking "I'm screwed," when she says "This is MY copy."

Hey Jeff T

That's the best way it could happen.Think together...question together...and slam the door on the way out.

It is so hard being married to someone that you love and know it is not the real person but a person being controlled by magazines and books.

Hey KLS,

I am in the same boat as you.My wife will not look or reason on anything by herself. If the WT didn't print it then it must be a lie. I can't even talk to her at all because it might be a cause for stumbling her. Good luck to you and good luck to me.

POZ.

• talesin
    talesin

I just had to tell you all that this thread breaks my heart. It's been hard alone, but nothing like the torture y'all have been and are going through.

DY, good luck with it.

And to the rest of you, I will be thinking of you all, and hoping for some positive resolutions to your situations.

BB - how sad, what you said about life. :(

JeffT - that's the way it should be.

SG - little bro', keep on keepin' on, you will make it through!

kls & POZ - my heart aches for you both, my friends.

Mulan - my cousins had exactly the same experience as you and your hubby! :) (actually, I think you might know them)

• proud goat
    proud goat

from the moment we got married we both tried so hard to be the perfect couple attending all the meetings getting involved with everything even pioneering together.i gradually became more disolousioned (forgive the spelling!) but was to afraid to say anything thinking i would lose him.

he at this time had been made up to minnie and was giving talks etc i thought why am i so unhappy i have everything i should want in the truth! eventually he told me he wanted to give up pioneering and get back in to proper work,i was so relieved!

then we finally opened up to each other ,we had both been doing everything to please the other and had no intrest in the JWs at all ,we then slowly stopped attending finally disasociating ourselves,

the relief is overwhelming it frightens me to think how many years we would have been living a lie!

after reading some of your experiances i count myself as very lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    He convinced me to keep going so we could do a slow fade, which we did. All of our children followed (actually Princess (Rachel) and her husband left before we did), and our daughter in law, who was the last holdout, finally left too

Mulan, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm counting seven people plus children who left out of one family. Makes a person wonder who is left to go door to door.. Bug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit