Pet Peeves thread...

by Brummie 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Parents who defend their kids even though their kids are rebels who go around smashing windows and stuff

• dh
    dh

when shopping and the cashier hands back the receipt underneath the change, making it awkward to put away without dropping anything.

cold mcchicken sandwiches

please remain seated until the aircraft comes to a complete standstill

• simplesally
    simplesally

When you post a thread and no one gets it!! Can we have a little fun and not take me so seriously??!

• getting it
    getting it

I always "get it"...

My pet peeve: fat chicks in mini skirts. Quite frankly I think it should be outlawed.

• razorMind
    razorMind

Just thought of some more.....

People who pretend like they never had Jheri Curls, owned Vanilla Ice albums, or wore mullets back in the day.

Major peeve when I was a pharmacy tech: Customers (usually well-to-do) who sailed past the loooong line of other waiting customers to loftily toss their prescription on the counter, with a curt order to "put a rush on it". Umm, NO. I always put it in line behind all the other waiting prescriptions.

Black cashiers who treat me like crap and answer my "good morning" and "have a nice day" with sullen silence, then go grinnin' and shufflin' and "yes, Missus" and "Naw Suh!" "Have a great day, suh!" to the White customer after me. I finally reported one who threw my items at me once, then kept my items miles away from my reach on her side of the counter another time. I got a apologetic phone call from her manager and a $25 gift certificate, never once mentioning anyone's color. I was PISSED; I did absolutely nothing to this girl.

People who are just unapologetically NASTY and TRIFLING; like whoever left a huge, over-ripe, half-eaten strawberry and a melted ice-cream cone on a department store shelf, right where people needed to reach for an item, and the lady who returned a USED BOX OF MONISTAT to us, complete with USED APPLICATORS. My coworker had to don gloves to handle the returned item. And don't get me started on the state of the restrooms at my present job.

Carefully faded, I too hate open-mouth-chewers. They make me want to slam my head into a concrete wall. I don't eat in our company breakroom for precisely that reason. I especially loathe the open-mouth-chewers who make that smacking/popping noise right before every sentence.

People who suggest that I "just go into nursing" when I tell them what I'm going to college for. UM, OKAY, I'LL GET RIGHT ON THAT...I'LL CHANGE MY MAJOR FIRST THING TOMORROW, OKAY? THANKS FOR THE CAREER ADVICE!

Ditto for those who tell me that I "need" a second baby. Or air their stupid, asinine opinions on my breastfeeding SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

So many irritants, so little time.....

• simplesally
    simplesally

When you are waiting in line for help and the phone rings and the customer service person helps the phone customer before me....So, one time I called Target from my cell phone while standing at the counter after getting disgusted that the phone problems got serviced first!! Talk about getting quick service then!

• bem
    bem

These are all peeves of mine also.Good ones mentioned. # 4 & 5 rM I agree with.

6) Call me prudish, but I've always hated sex talk on the job. A little occasional raunch is okay, but a major pet peeve of mine is when some turn every single subject back onto sex. I have an coworker who is constantly regaling me with her many sexcapades. I'm not that close with her. To date, I haven't thought of a polite way to curb her prattle about her many sexual conquests. Some "experiences" need to stay in the bedroom.
    Can you tell I find my coworkers profoundly irritating?

razorMind if you find something that works for you with co-workers sharing TMI.please pass that info on to me, and I have said please do not tell me this stuff she still shares. she is such a bore!

Of course the age old seat up ,down problem! The real problem is a dark bath room and sitting before looking to see if the seat is up or down. Ughhhh.

Good use of the cell phone there ssally!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Talesin, know what you mean:

a teaspoon of ice cream

and then put the box back in the fridge - you think their is still enough....

RazorMind

People who pretend like they never had Jheri Curls, owned Vanilla Ice albums, or wore mullets back in the day.

I take the bate (sp) : don't even know what you are talking about....

• Brummie
    Brummie

People who over emphasise the power of "Positive thinking" and look at you very negatively if you disagree with them!!

People who say "forgive" all the time, specially to those who have had a real bad crime committed against them

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit