Tipping the Gal who cuts hair

by Jim_TX 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Gumbenezer Scrooge!

Bah Gumbug!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

My cousin and his father reckon that the one diference between a good and a bad hairdresser is wether she puts her boob in your ear or not. So I suppose the amount of her tip depends on the amount of times she puts her boob in your ear.

• Atilla
    Atilla

It is so difficult to find a good hair stylist. I hate the people at the mall and those Super Cut places at the strip outlets are just scary, you never know who you are going to get. I've walked in many times only to be scared by who is working there, i.e.-very ugly women who have nasty hair themselves. However, then it is awkward, so I pretend I was looking for some kind of styling gel and then promptly leave after declaring that they don't have my brand. However, about a year ago I found this local Italian guy right in town who is from the old country(even his English is bad) but he is amazing-cuts like Edward Scissor Hands, none of that quick electric razor crap. He only charges $12 and I leave him a $3 tip. Oh, and this is the best part, he has one of those red and white spinning barber signs, just classic.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Flyin......first of all, I kinda think you should know by now your little arse shouln't be wrappin christmas presents in the first place........hun!!!!!!! Santa is a demon posessed little bastard and you know that!

Seriously little lady....if you stood for an hour and a half......wrapping your patootie off for old Gumby... and did a real nice job......I'd prolly give ya at LEAST a dollar. Nobody's ever gonna accuse me of bein a tightass!

Gumby

Oh yeah, well Mr. GumJeans, I don't give an elf's a$$ even if Santa was possessed by Wilford Brimley, I'm gonna wrap CHRISTmas presents because I like the pretty little christmas trees all over the paper, so there. Stick that in your christmas pipe and smoke it.

Oh and I do a "real nice job" on every single gift I wrap. They don't call me the queen of gift wrap for nothin'. Do you hold that dollar bill in your teeth by the way? Just wondering.

Flyin'

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    My cousin and his father reckon that the one diference between a good and a bad hairdresser is wether she puts her boob in your ear or not. So I suppose the amount of her tip depends on the amount of times she puts her boob in your ear.

You know, I had a French hairdresser named Michelle back when I was good little jw housewife. My sister warned me that he was very affectionate.

Well, he was and he grew increasingly more so everytime I had a haircut. One time he tried to take my shirt off to put a smock on me for a perm he talked me in to. I chalked it up to different culture. Then one time he told me he liked my profile. Then he leaned in real close, almost touching my lips with his when he was cutting my bangs, and told me I had "sexy leeps." Whilst doing that I felt something very hard against my knee. I thought, "I hope that's his car keys in his pockets or something." I looked and nope, it was his d*c%. I used to think he was molesting me. Nowwwww I know he was just trying to get me to give him a good tip. Thank you for clearing up that cultural difference for me.

Flyin'

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I tip $10 to $20 dollars to get my hair done. I'm in the service industry and rely on tips to make ends meet, so I might be a bit more genrous than most. I pay between $50-$75 every 6 weeks to get it done.

• talesin
    talesin
    It's really a kindness and matter of generosity to tip a hair dresser. The stylists in the shops where I worked thought it nice to be tipped, but they certainly did not expect it, especially from people they knew could not afford to tip.

That's what my hairdresser friends say as well. And I agree.

• gumby
    gumby
    Whilst doing that...... 1) I felt something very hard against my knee......... "I hope that's his car keys in his pockets or something." ........ I used to think he was molesting me........... Nowwwww I know

2) he was just trying to get me to give him a good tip.

Heather hun......look at number 1. He's the bastard that gave you the ' tip '.......and then he kept the damn thing!

Gumby

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Heather hun......look at number 1. He's the bastard that gave you the ' tip '.......and then he kept the damn thing!

Gumby

Yeah, well I think it was more than just the tip. That thing was so hard that it bruised my knee! If I'd have brought that tip home I could have gotten my little self in trouble with the jw hubby. Maybe I just shoulda because then I'd have saved us all years of misery. Who knows where I'd be today.

Flyin'

• talesin
    talesin

Flyin'

That is too funny. NOW. The exact same thing happened to me quite a few years ago.

The only thing was, the guy was flaming. I knew he had no interest in me sexually, so couldn't figure out why he was giving me that 'message'. You have finally explained it! He thought I would LIKE it and tip him. hahahahaha WEEE-IIII-RRRRDDDD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit