New! SATANIC IMAGES in Knowledge book! What do you think?

by Dogpatch 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Larry
    Larry

I echo S Dogma comments:

I think the amount of drugs I would need to do in order for that page to make sense would be probably kill a horse.

On purpose - Maybe, maybe not. But I do remember picking up literiture at Bethel and seeing a 'demonized' tract inside one of the watchtower magazine. I said "How did this get in there???!!!" Until this day I wonder how it got in there. It must have been an inside job, b/c I got the mags from the inside.

Peace - LL

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

WTS has several agenda, but this is not one of them. This reminds me of when I was a kid and staring at clouds or the stars and seeing all sorts of images.

Unconvinced.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Some people here know that when it comes to "hidden" and "subliminal" images in the WTBTS publications, I am something of a believer. It was the issue that first opened my eyes to the WTBTS and their crap.

I will concede that some of the things asserted on that page are a bit of a stretch. Others are very intriguing.

Corvin

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I agree with Big Tex. Must be because I've been totally brainwashed by the Dubs during the two decades I was hanging out with them, huh?

As human beings, we are programmed -- hard wired -- to recognize FACES. Why? Because our momma had a face, as did all the other members of our tribe, clan or monkey-pack.

...and I really do hate to be overly critical, but why would someone go to this much trouble to put together a web site with their grand hypothesis and NOT run the manuscript thru a spelling and grammar checker? We all make typos - I'm the KING of TYPOS -- but they also always embarass me when I see them. If I put up a web site, I wouldn't want it to be a monument to my "fat-finger" typing and my imperfect spelling.

Lastly, I have to laugh at the closing words on the site - "This has GOT to be a crime!" No, it don't got to be a crime, and it ain't a crime. What's the point of irresponsibly encouraging people to think they can claim a piece of Watchtower lard for themselves by going to the police with a copy of the picture and saying "I SEE THE DEVIL!" The next sound you hear will be the muffled click of the lock on your looney bin door.

Like Danny, I thought of Manson -- I recall Sam Kinison's comedy routine about Charlie Manson, "Can't you hear it, man? It's in the records! Helter-skelter, man!"

Charlie was mistaken.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Hmmmmmmm I will wait to see how this works out, if anyone wishes to network on this issue, feel free to contact me, either way. This website which I just perused for over an hour is disturbing. They could be right, they could be wrong. I wouldn't put it past the wt myself. I saw these images when I was a kid often, and would turn the pictures of various wt publications in all directions as we were supposed to be studying intently at the meetings, I was to become considered impertinent see, as I got older and questioned such things. Thats the trouble sometimes with time. It passes you by and you forget just how bad it was. In there. You forget the nightmares of demons. You forget the waking daymare, the complete terrorfication of it all, the bleakness of outlook, because you have passed on from that, anyway, you make me ramble.

Hmmmmmm, tis a puzzle this one, one I would'nt mind solving, right up my street.

Celtic gets out his new petrie dish and places the theory under the microscope.

And thinks peflexedly with an open mind.

Ruddy hmmmmmmmmmm, what a conumdrum.

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

Nathan,

going to the police with a copy of the picture and saying "I SEE THE DEVIL!" The next sound you hear will be the muffled click of the lock on your looney bin door.

Too Funny!

PB

• Corvin
    Corvin
    I have the book, so I went through all of the WT and Awake magazines and various books in my collection and found them all, the images are there and the images have meaning to them. The artists who were hired to do the graphic images for the publications were not JWs, as I understand it. Since the discovery of the images and when the book was published to reveal the hidden images, the artists were let go and replaced by a new set of artists.

I have never heard this, but, what is interesting, is that the Zeus face in the woman's skirt appeared in 1983, the same year the controversy started, the same year that Dave Malone was asked to Bethel to consult for their art and photography departments (to improve the quality of the departments), the same year the WTBTS purchased brand new hi-tech digital imaging and printing equipment to begin producing all mags and books in four-color format. Prior to this, some of the so-called images in dispute could easily be attributed to printing anomalies. The improvement in printing (four color) and artistry really sort of opened the flood gates regarding the amount of hidden and subliminal images found in the illustrations. It all seems like a strange coincidence.

Corvin

• Celtic
    Celtic

Either the WT or this person is on LSD, tis trying to work out which one it is, I really do reckon though, someones having a right laugh at us, someone here, is pulling our legs, but damn it, who knows?

If they are, they be hmmmmmmm, this topic, hmmmmmmmmmm

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Even if they are clear subliminal messages I mean how badly can a face be in a picture?

That it may or may not have some sort of effect on you or anyone else is not the key point. It is the intent, purpose and or motivation of the artist or whomever that speaks volumes about what the WTBTS is really about.

Corvin

• eljefe
    eljefe

I see dead people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit