my husband is my step brother

by Mulan 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

He really is. My father married my late mother in law in 1989. She passed away in 1993.

Does anyone else have unusual family connections?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm my own Grandpa....not really, but that's a fun song.

I have double cousins...

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My great aunt's first husband was her first cousin. They had a daughter together. Explain that...

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    My great aunt's first husband was her first cousin. They had a daughter together. Explain that...

Uh, Tres, have you never been told about the birds and the bees ??? PM me and I will give you, in graphic detail, the explaination you requested.

• desib77
    desib77

My cousin is also my uncle because he was adopted by my grandparents.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Shutterbug...I meant is that double cousins?

• Sassy
    Sassy

well... my dad married the mother of the 'worldly boy' in school I had a crush on ..............

you should have seen me ten years later when I walked into my dad's house and saw the guy from school who left me breathless standing right there in his kitchen..

I was like OMG..

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh lordy where do I start

My grandmother had 11 children. My mother id third oldest

At one point due to abuse my mother had legal guardianship of her four youngest siblings. In effect she was their parent. They were 17, 16, 15, and 12 yrs old (3 boys and 1 girl respectively)

At the same time my mother had her own 5 kids who were 12, 10, 8, 6, and 2 (one girl - me, three boys and another girl.

So I was going to school and in the same grade as my aunt who was also my sister (by guardianship). And the 17 yr old uncle/brother insisted I call him uncle.

It was mind-boggling to the kids at school

• Mulan
    Mulan

Lee, I think you win. But here is another interesting twist.

One of my sisters in law's parents are first cousins. They got married in Canada because of that. They have the same grandmother. Their mothers in law are sisters.

• desib77
    desib77

It's almost noon and I am not awake enough to focus on this topic.

Desi (<------ off to the kitchen for another cup of coffee)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit