Profound statement thread

by Brummie 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    bendover3.jpg (77482 bytes) click on here for larger version
    (big printer size)

Bend over Jehovah!

" No books from crooks"(aka,"the crooks who COOKED the book")

Profound Indeed,Undaunted Danny "apostate with attitude""In their face in cyberspace"

• Mulan
    Mulan

If you don't ask for something, you get nothing. If you do ask, you just might get it. (my motto, but I say "if you don't ask, you get nothing")

• reboot
    reboot

I found Tracey Emmens' neon heart installation with the words....

'You forgot to kiss my soul'

inside, profound in the extreme....helping us to remember about the sensitivities of others' and treating them well in a culture that's obsessed with the physical act of sex that's often devoid of love....

• chappy
    chappy

Confucas say: "Lady who fly airplane upside down have crackup"

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Mine are:

"Go get over yourself"

" Courage is not an absence of fear, but a mastery of fear."

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"Love is not a feeling, its an act of will"

Agreed. Love is something you have to do ... because there are so many times that you'd rather strangle someone than actually do something nice for them ... but it takes those acts of kindness to maintain a relationship & to survive as a species.

OK. Chew on this profound statement, Brummie: Some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

It isn't the 'cough' that carries you off, it's the 'coffin' they carry you off in!

Outaservice (who has the day off but should have gone to work)

• Fleur
    Fleur

"

"If while a JW someone is self absorbed, incapable of showing unconditional love, egocentric, hypocritical and really can't be trusted. Why would simply the act of leaving a religion automatically change that?"

- words of advice I received my first day on an XJW forum and regretabbly ignored. "

Uzzah" oh, Uzzah :( Please know that you are loved, by this exjw, anyway...thanks, you know what for. for too many things to say. some of my favorite quotes of the day: "So long, and thanks for all the fish." ~Douglas Adams also, from one of my favorites...

"They sicken of the calm that know the storm." ~Dorothy Parker

some people can't see things coming because they haven't seen what can happen. those of us who have, do know. and do sicken.

~fleur

(of the missing Dedalus in a thread like this class...where did he go:(

• blobby
    blobby
    Confucas say: "Lady who fly airplane upside down have crackup"

That must mean "Man who fly airplane upside down have cock up"............if I'm not mistaken ?

• blobby
    blobby

"Never trust a man with short legs.........brains too near his arse" - Noel Coward

"I don't even know what street Canada is on" - Al Capone

"If only he'd wash his neck, I'd wring it" - ?

My 2 favourites are from Winston C........

1) Lady Astor: Winston, if you were my husband I should flavour your coffee with poison.

Winston: Madam, if I were your husband I'd drink it

2) Bessie Braddock MP: Winston, your drunk !

Winston: Bessie, your ugly. And tomorrow morning I will be sober

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit