Profound statement thread

by Brummie 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Someone said this to me today ..

"Love is not a feeling, its an act of will"

I had never thought that through before

I found it quite profound but am still trying to work out if its really true...what do you think?

Heard any profound statements that changed the way you looked at life experiences?

Brummie --- of the "I'm thinking a bit deep tonight, hope my brains dont blow" class

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The walls at the mall are like totally totally tall.
    -- Ancient Blond Proverb

• Brummie
    Brummie

Totally awesome :)

• ball.
    ball.

Always Coka Cola

- sorry I think I've been hynotised.

• Brummie
    Brummie

lol, at least you 2 stopped me from thinking too deep before my brain malfunctioned

:)

Brummie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Not making a choice is making a choice

That one helped me leave my first husband and the JWs

• Brummie
    Brummie

Very profound ladylee, demostrates how one liners can change our entire thought pattern & life!

• patio34
    patio34

This is good, Brummie. I have quite a list of sayings I like, but can't think of a one now!

I saw the play below and liked the following (but all of it really):

The Bitch is Out! (a song)

And "I'm out of hormones and I have a gun."

Lol, I identified with almost all of it.

Book by Amanda McBroom & Joel Silberman -- Lyrics By Amanda McBroom -- Music by Joel Silberman. Additional music by Amanda McBroom, Michele Brourman and Robben Ford -- Directed by Joel Silberman. Musical direction by Dean Mora. June 10 thru July 11, 2004

Rubicon presents the world premiere production of a new one-woman musical play by Amanda McBroom and Joel Silberman. This thrilling show stars renowned actress and songwriter Amanda McBroom (best known for her hit song "The Rose"), who also appeared in the award-winning ensemble of Rubicon's "Jacques Brel" last season. McBroom plays a modern woman in crisis, who turns to Shakespeare's women for answers and advice. This insightful piece runs the gamut from soulful to hysterically funny, as such characters as Katherine the Shrew, Ariel the Fairy, Gertrude the Queen, and of course, the infamous Lady Macbeth offer their opinions on life and love.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hmmm, love IS an act of will to my way of thinking, as true, unconditional love requires you to accept someone for ALL of what they are..........the good, the bad, and the ugly..........

Here's my contribution:

"Religion is for those who are afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there."

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Brummie, uhoh, you got me going now! LOL! Here are a couple more:

"You need to claim the events of your life to make yourself yours. When you truly possess all you have been and done, which may take some time, you are FIERCE with reality."

~ Florida Scott Maxwell

"At fifty, the mad woman in the attic breaks loose, stomps down the stairs and sets fire to the house. She won't be imprisoned anymore!"

~ Erica Jong

"There is nothing in life too terrible or too sad that will not be your friend when you find the right name to call it by, and calling it by its own name, hastening it will come up right to your side."

~ Koba in Lauren Van Der Post's "A Far off Place"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit