Bachlor Recipes?

by Lostreality 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Im looking for any cheap, easy to make, good food ideas and recipes out there.

My current meal most of the time is either

Cheese Casadia: shred some cheese on a tortilla, add some cut up lunch meat (chicken is best) sprinkle hot sauce and microwave for 45 seconds. sprinkle more hotsauce (if you like, i love it) and place another tortilla on top of the cheese, meat, and hot sauce. microwave for another 30 seconds and eat.

Creamy Chicken top ramen with melted cheese (a little) and a fair amount of hot sauce

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Kraft Macaroni and cheese dinner, prepared according to directions, with sliced hot dogs added, and Ketchup on the side. Wow! I really miss my poor Pioneer days....

Seriously though, if you like Ramen noodles, and boxed dinners, they can easily be "Spiced up" by adding Fresh or frozen veggies, and spices. You can even use boxed dinners as a "Base". Say for example boxed Mac. and Cheese. Prepare according to directions, but add some cream of mushroom soup, some browned ground beef, veggies, onion and garlic. Put in a casserole dish, and crush some potato chips on top for a crust. Put in oven till slightly golden brown, and you have a nice casserole.

While pioneering, I used to come up with very creative ways of making very inexpensive meals look somewhat appetizing. It just takes a little imagination. Experiment with things that you like, and I think you will be surprized.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

A friend put me on to this web site, and I've found some good recipes there.

http://eat.epicurious.com/

Walter

• eljefe
    eljefe

BTW, this is the best way to learn how to cook. This is how I learned to cook. Single, out of the house, had to cook for myself.

Anyway, I like putting sauces on things. A1 is especially good with beef and chicken. Place meat in pan and sautee with sauce.

For extemely cheap food you can make Synchronizadas. They are like Quesadillas except they have ham along with the cheese. Just take a tortilla, place ham and cheese in it, and microwave for about 45 seconds.

Also bean burritos are cheap. Buy a can of refried beans, place inside a tortilla with cheese, and place in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes depeding on size.

Enjoy!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Try the JWD Cookbooks - one is free and the other helps support the board

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/cookbook.aspx

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Cheese Casadia:

That's "Quesadilla," but it is pronounced like "casadia."

Virtually the easiest meal to make is to take a package of chicken parts (legs, breasts, etc) and lay them out on a broiler pan. Open a bottle of Prego spaghetti sauce (I like the one with mushrooms), slather it all over the chicken and bake at 350 degrees until done.

This was the first meal I taught my youngest daughter to make and it came out tasting great! She was four years old at the time.

Farkel

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Instant Water,

Take one package Heinz Instant Water, open and pour into one gallon container. Add one gallon of h2o. makes 1 gallon of water.

for real though...boil some tortellinni noodles, add alfredo sauce and cheese to cooked (dry) noodles. Add Italian bread and a bag of salad to your plate...good hearty meal.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    Kraft Macaroni and cheese dinner, prepared according to directions, with sliced hot dogs added, and Ketchup on the side. Wow! I really miss my poor Pioneer days....

Or prepare the macaroni & cheese, then add a can of tuna (drained), a can of cream of mushroom soup, and a small can of peas. I haven't made it that way in probably 20 years.

Crock-pots are a great invention. Load 'em up before you leave for work and turn it on low. There's a recipe book in the box with the crock-pot, and you'll find more crock cooking books at most bookstores (or amazon.com).

• Scully
    Scully

This is actually going to call for you to have a few ingredients on hand, but what the heck:

This is one of my family's favorites (although I make the meatballs myself, but you can use frozen packaged ones if you like). I make a sweet-sour sauce using the following:

1 can condensed tomato soup (do NOT add water)
    2 tablespoons of prepared mustard
    2 tablespoons of brown sugar
    2 tablespoons of Worchestershire sauce

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat until the brown sugar is dissolved. Add meatballs to the sauce and increase the heat to medium to medium-high and simmer until cooked through.

This sauce is also excellent on chicken wings: Heat the oven to 375F, and brush the sauce over the wings, let cook for 20 minutes. Then turn the wings, brush sauce on the other side, and return to oven for another 20 minutes.

I always serve either of these dishes with rice cooked in the microwave: 2 cups hot water for 1 cup of parboiled white rice, microwaved on high for 20 minutes. We use any extra sauce as a topping for the rice too.

Serve with salad on the side. (I buy the bagged, pre-made salad. I admit it: I just hate making salad and this is the only way I'll have salad.)

An alternate recipe for meatballs:

1 can condensed tomato soup
    1 package onion soup mix
    1 can sliced mushrooms (or use fresh if you're feeling energetic)
    only add enough water to achieve a smooth consistency to the sauce

Combine the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer with meatballs as described above. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and a serving of vegetables.

Love, Scully

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

1 can wolf chili

1Can Ranch style beans

1 spoon and a can opener......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit