Elder Pleads For Money For Local Needs Talk!

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Let me get this straight ( I left long before the tax avoidence...errr donation arrangment took effect) ... a publisher has to "buy" the literature then sell... err place the literature (assuming he found a sympathetic housholder) and finally remit the proceeds to the Borg?

Technically speaking, since it is all on a "donation" basis, the person does not have to donate any money at any time... but at the same time the people behind the literature counter do not have to give a person anything either.

When I was working behind the literature counter I received explicit instructions to withhold requested items if I noticed that they had not donated for past items or if they requested a large number of expensive items. Bottom line: They ain?t gonna give you nothing if they don?t see you "donating".

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

No, the publisher does not have to buy the literature up front, although some have suggested that this be done. The publisher receives the literature for free, then gives it away to the householder, suggesting that the householder make a donation. Donations are to be put in the Worldwide work box.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Magic Wand Fairy Danny sez: The WT$ fairy follows the money trail and sprinkles the "new light" fairy dust along the path. Click the 'ca$h cow' learn more about WT$ creed of greed: MOOOoooooo, WT$ 'cash cows'. click me

Undaunted Danny; WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY WHISTLE BLOWERalt $ 200 BILLION in real estate a$$ets NO TAKES and not even one soup kitchen or food charity for the poor.danny10.jpg (37877 bytes) click to enlarge poster "watchtower ripoff racket

• minimus
    minimus

The COs and elders told the congregation that just because it was now a donation arrangement, it didn't mean we shouldn't still support the "work". It was STRONGLY suggested that, once we got our literature, we would pay what we knew they were valued at and if our heart impelled us, we could give more than that. Then we should get the donation from the householder and put that in the box BUT if we did not get that donation we might still put a donation in the box.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit