Elder Pleads For Money For Local Needs Talk!

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Good news!

DY

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

As George Carlin say's "God always needs money!"

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, such comments prove we've all been duped at one time or another, heh?

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I forgot what ex-jw website I was on, but one of the msg was from an ex-elder saying how after the donation basis/tax evasion process was started that people started ordering all kinds of stuff that they hadn't ordered before because now it was on donation basis and they could put $5 in the box for something that was probably worth $0 oops I mean $50. The total order would have been like $3000 if everything was still being charged like it was before donation business.Anyway, he said that month they sent in a donation of about $500 and society sent them back a letter saying that the congregation OWED $2500 for books ordered. Being an elder or he might not have been an elder but he worked the literature counter or something. He said this is when he started questioning things because if everything was supposedly on donation basis how could the congregation OWE anything. Anyway, the next Theocratic meeting the elders took a resolution to send society the great blessed gift of $2500 as a donation. I know that really doesn't go with the topic of elders asking for money, but wait yes it does. The society is still only about money. He ended his story by saying how everybody in the congregation felt all special because they had sent such a big DONATION to the World wide hustlers oops I mean Work.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    I might add that the 2003 KMs had this announcement almost every 3 months:

That means the Society are functionally (and possibly legally) unable to stop the local cong's from digging into the "Worldwide Work" donation boxes. Congregations in revolt. I love it! That really hits Brooklyn/Patterson right in their weak spot: their need to fund their operations in growth countries (i.e. poor third world natiojns) primarilly using American donation money.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I just heard in the news how the Catholic church in the Portland Diocese (I think) was filing for bankruptcy due to the financial drain from all the child molestation lawsuits.

Here's another potential area of "financial concern" for the WTS, if they haven't started feeling it already.

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome Sweetp!

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

remember spending money on something other than what it was donated for is what jim baker went to jail for,

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

As a congregation accountant, I can attestify people leaving about $300.00 each month to World Wide work for about 75 publishers.

Another thing that gets me, is that the Watchtower publications say we are the most honest people on earth, but every collection has

to be done by two brothers to keep us (honest) & everything is checked by elders & overseers! I guess we can;t be that honest

id we have to be tripple checked!!!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I can attestify people leaving about $300.00 each month to World Wide work for about 75 publishers.

Damn! That come out to about $4 a head!

According to the 10% tithing rule, that would indicate that the people were only earning an average of $40 a month. Looks like they are voting with their wallets!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit