Elder Pleads For Money For Local Needs Talk!

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I was the accounts servant for several years, including the year when the donation arrangement was implemented. Our congregation literature order was typically around 800 mags plus books, so we would remit at least $500 every month for literature. When the donation arrangement came in, our WorldWide Work donations were never over $100 - usually around $75. Talking to some other literature servants from other congs yeilded about the same numbers.

This is why they are crying for money.

• Swan
    Swan
    PLUS all the wealthier people have stopped going

Let's see:

wealth = computers = internet access = the truth about the throoth = stopped going

It makes sense.

• Swan
    Swan

double post

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

We are leaving about $100.00 for the Kingdom Hall fund (poor areas) & $22.xx to KHAA which pays overseer's insurance & leasing

our congragation money is barely in the + & we have $16,000k in Headquarters as one of those loans which bears no interest & might not

necessarily have to be asked back!

• Deleted
    Deleted

When I was Borg, when the "donation arrangement" came to pass in the US (aka avoiding sales taxes) I was the accounts servant. I recall having a part in the Service Meeting on donating to the Society, and did some math on the chalkboard showing that the congregation's donations for literature were off 40% from previous and that we should all take the responsibility of making up the difference as the Society's costs would still be the same. Silly me.

• minimus
    minimus

The Society intially wanted us to pay beforehand for the literature, get a donation, put the donation in the box and if we got no donation, we were told that WE should put it in.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ahhhhh... so they want the JWs to pay for the literature twice!

Yup, I remember being told that too.

• minimus
    minimus

....talk about being clever.......or cleverer.....or more clever......(for EMan)....

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Elder Blinko begging for money....

• TonyT
    TonyT

Let me get this straight ( I left long before the tax avoidence...errr donation arrangment took effect) ... a publisher has to "buy" the literature then sell... err place the literature (assuming he found a sympathetic housholder) and finally remit the proceeds to the Borg?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit