Was There Ever Any Rule That You Thought Was Silly In The Organization?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I've got a good one for infertile men ot there (feel pity for the jw family that is affected by this rule)

Spern donation is fornication! receiving or giving!!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Trouble is, they weren't so "local" - pretty widespread, I'd say.

• mrbarthoss
    mrbarthoss

N O B O Y S C O U T S ! ! ! ! !

exactly what evil would have resulted from being a young scout has been lost on me all these years, but if I had to guess, it was an omnibus protection from homosexuality, political awareness, the ability to help another human being that was NOT a Jehovah's Witness, or (GOD FORBID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), the danger of missing a meeting!

• Confucious
    Confucious

If the WT had a response to this thread...

Official Memo from the WT:

We did NOT ever say NOT to do this or that.

If some well meaning JW elders in the past put laws to the brothers, it was brothers fault that they read into the helpful advice too much.

IF that is the case, the brothers should reivaluate their decision as we have never said DON'T do this or that.

Confucious

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, the Society never ever makes a rule. Everyone else is confused. We're stupid.

• Atilla
    Atilla

No, thought every rule was their for my protection, part of a divine plan--silly me.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Watchtower's canon of ethics [Rules] Also known as; 'approved operating procedure' [ A.O.P.]Jehovah'speak=doublespeak. Carefully crafted cult rhetoric..JWessse It's plain old: mealy mouthing, innuendo / deception / flim-flam / hoodwink / bamboozle / fraud / mind games / confidence game / blowing smoke and bluster...... It's the, deflection "JEOPARDY GAME"!.

Framing false "profitcy$" in the form of a QUESTION Confused alt alt alt alt

• blobby
    blobby
    Having to wear skirts and dresses.

And that was just the brothers !

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

"Rules" up the arse....

The Greatest Commandment : [ Matthew 22:34-40 34]Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[2] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[3] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these """ two""" commandments." Jesus Christ who say's there only only TWO rules in life. The Watchtower Borganization on the other hand has rules up the arse.... http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/rules.htm

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse
    Having to wear skirts and dresses.
    And that was just the brothers !

LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit