Was There Ever Any Rule That You Thought Was Silly In The Organization?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

(If a sister was married, not only did there have to be 2 elders but the JW husband had to be present.)

No beards

No chess (at one illustrious point in WT history; not so strict now)

No large groups (without defining how large was large; one sister declared that a get-together some of us had with 15 people was TOO large and the elders were too wimpish to take a stand)

Nylons must be worn in field service (even on 95 degree days)

No jean skirts

No plastic boots/moon boots

• minimus
    minimus

As a man, I'd ban moon boots too.

• blondie
    blondie

Not if you lived in a area where it gets down to 25 degrees below zero and the idiot book study conductor thinks its a good time to do door to door, min. These are the expensive ones but knock offs ran around $25 and were all the rage and warm.

Blondie

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

My last year of school 1973 age 14 dropped out of school( illegal) didn't need an education cause we were all going back to Hebrew tongue after the1975 bird feast.

Not just silly that's pernecious.{MT.12:36-37}

• minimus
    minimus

I Vey! .....So Blondie-----You had cold feet, eh?

• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!
    My last year of school 1973 age 14 dropped out of school( illegal) didn't need an education cause we were all going back to Hebrew tongue after the1975 bird feast.

Not just silly that's pernecious.{MT.12:36-37}

Dan, you did this?

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, but Danny speaks Hebrew fluently!

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret
    Another one is wearing a "handkerchief head covering".

Lol me and alot of people in some congregations woul be weirded out if a person do that these days.

Dunno... The rules themselves don't really get to me. Just the conscience decisions that people take WAY too seriously and they become widely known. Whole everybody that aren't JW's are evil satanistic evils. (Not all are like that) dunno, just the personal things people do got to me. Mainstream JWism is very laxed these days compared to the 50s and 60s and times like those.

• minimus
    minimus

HEY NOW! ARE YOU TRYING TO SPAM THE BOARD WITH ALL THE SAME POSTS EVERYWHERE? YOU SHOULDN'T DO THAT!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Wow, some of you had pretty strict policies. Our congregation never had a shirt color rule for the brothers on stage. One of the DO's tried to enforce something like that on a CA, but one of the local elders overruled him. He was an elder with high connections and lots of clout, and said that was ridiculous.

Some of those other things sound like local policies not WTS policy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit