Name a Book that is Better than the Bible

by Sirius Dogma 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl
    The Complete Works of Shakespear (sic) would come in at number 2

Stillajwexelder - Have you read any Shakespeare? What is it about deeply unfunny puns and very poor rhymes that you find appealing?

My vote is for The Wind in the Willows and anything by Kate Atkinson.

• Celia
    Celia

All Harry Potter books............... and I'm not kidding....

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

The Internet.

• Fleur
    Fleur
    A book that I feel has more value and wisdom than the bible is:

The Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (All 5 book in the trilogy actually)

oh, i concur. you're obviously a frood who really knows where his towel is.

i especially prefer the first book still, classic. Restaurant at the end of the universe is great for those who are ex-religious (love the messiah never showing up for his scheduled dinner appearance, love that).

i find for 'serious' reading that the Four Agreements makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than the bible does. It's a lot simpler, and i find beauty in simplicity.

i would also recommend, next time you're in the children's book section, you all check out the trilogy "click clack moo, cows that type", "giggle giggle quack" and finally the third book "Duck for president".

very, very entertaining.

Now if you'll excuse me, there seems to be a bulldozer out in front of my house...what's that you say, Mr. Prosser? You're building a bypass?

I never did get the hang of thursdays. But then isn't it friday now?

fleur

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Gently Feral - Thanks! I have added a few more books to my amazon wish list.

gaiagirl - I dont know you, but marry me. Only because your avatar is great and so is your list of books. I will add several of them to my list of 'to read'.

Celia - Do you think we could convince J.K Rowlings to do a rewrite of the bible?

Fleur - LOL!

click clack moo, cows that type", "giggle giggle quack" and finally the third book "Duck for president".

Added to my list. So long and thanks for all the fish!

SD

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Name a Book that is Better than the Bible

The Complete Collection of "The Far Side." Not only is it better than the Bible, it is far more believable.

Farkel

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

"Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right" - Al Franken

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The Linux Bible

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

can't say better, but I surely like the following much more:

Harry Potter, Lord of the Ring; Dune and all the others from Frank Herbert;

I could name dozen of others - would take me to much time to mention each.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit