Name a Book that is Better than the Bible

by Sirius Dogma 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

and more important to you than the bible.

Ok, for some of us most books are better than the bible, for others the choice is more difficult.

A book that I feel has more value and wisdom than the bible is:

The Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (All 5 book in the trilogy actually)

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

one I wrote

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

None - it is a masterpiece even if it is not the literal word of god. There is no better book - however, The Complete Works of Shakespear would come in at number 2. Works by Milton and Chaucer would also figure. The Epic of Gilgamesh should not be forgotten nor the Origin of the Species -- but I would also add Crisis Of Conscience to my list

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

The Truth that Leads to My Nads

• Scully
    Scully

Scientific Progress Goes "Boink"
    Something Under the Bed is Drooling
    Lazy Sunday Book

and any other Calvin and Hobbes collection.

• Xander
    Xander

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. The books, folks, not the movies.

At least as epic, but with more believable characters.

'The works of Shakespeare' is a little hard to argue for, as they are not a single volume or story or theme. Still, they are very, very good reading. Possibly overrated somewhat, I fear - a LOT of incredible literature is pre-20th/21st century, and concentrating on one author causes you to lose perspective on the volume of quality works.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

My son's school report. Even with all he's been through in the last 6 months he still got a great report.

He' only 6, he's so mature for his age.

I'm a very proud mummy.

• Huxley
    Huxley

Hey SD, when I was a dub kid, my pal and I once mused, "Wouldn't it be cool to base our lives on the teachings in Adam's HH guide to the galaxy?"

I would say almost any book by Daniel Pinkwater. It's funny, It's inspiring, it makes you happy.

Especially, "The snark-out boys and the avocado of death."

Huxley

• mustang
    mustang

I remember a "brother" that used a NWT to "spread the load" under his bumper jack on a sandy dirt road. He told me that he wished he had something of a larger "folio" size: a "bound volume" would have been perfect.

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit