Subtle Propaganda at DC -but Noticeable To Us

by Had Enough 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello Tesha:

Welcome to the board.

I've been inactive now for about 2 years, but have just been learning about all the errors and lies from the org during this last year since I read Crises of Conscience and especially since I started coming to this site about 3 months ago. Coming here has helped me to keep my sanity, since finding out things I never dreamed were possible was such a blow to me, I felt my whole foundation just crumble and have gained friends and support I never thought possible.

However, as Ozzie knows, I have an aging mother who is wheelchair bound and my still-active family needs my help with her at assemblies. It's quite an ordeal dealing with the crowds, small washrooms and even just finding appropriate seats for all of us together. I help them out with her out of my love for my family even though it is difficult to go and sit through the torturous bombardment of propaganda.

To make the time pass easier, I take notes taking particular notice of subtle messages or (as in their terms) couching of words to slip in their double-talk.

From previous posters who had already informed us of what the drama was about, I wanted to take particular note of how they would hammer in their "loyalty to God above family" theme, particularly since I have a da'd son. I have refused to shun him even though the rest of my family does so I wanted to see how far the guilt-trip from the org would go.

To me, all the points I related in my first post particularly the repetitious phrases in the dialogue of the drama, along with other points I made in another thread, seemed to show the WTS is keeping tabs on these sites and responding to them in their talks and WT articles.

Glad to have you aboard Tesha and I haven't noticed yet if you've already told us your story here, so if you haven't, we'd be glad to hear it.

Had Enough

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Had Enough,

Thanks for the DC notes and your comments. Worth all your efforts.

Agape, J.C. MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit