Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Best Liars

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• JOLLYME
    JOLLYME

WHO SAID THEY ARE ALL LIARS?

• Valis
    Valis

Not all...just the best...especially when it comes to deluding themselves.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• undercover
    undercover
    WHO SAID THEY ARE ALL LIARS?

I don't think anybody said "they are all liars". It was stated that they "are the best liars". That could be argued also I guess, but the point was that despite their outward appearances, many JWs have dirty little secrects that no one knows about. They manage to go about their everyday theocratic activities without a pang of conscience. This is what makes them good liars.

• prayzyah
    prayzyah

Matthew 7:1

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

2nd Pelliponissians 4:2-4

• Valis
    Valis

Jeremiah 25:27-28

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Valisiah 3:7?!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think some one can be a great liar,,and do it so well that they even believe the lie.

There are some liars,, who feel that,, it is too painfull to even to be honest with themselves and so when the evidence is seen that something is a lie they zone out,, no doubt caused by cognitive disonense. It is hard to admit to oneself that the WT is full of lies,, when they have devoted lot of time obeying it. There are some however that have the emotional strenght to do so,, but not the average person.

• prayzyah
    prayzyah
    How easily they are willing to compromise their faith for a few lousy dollars.

King Solomon had all kind of dollars and yet compromised his own faith by indulging in false worship due to his love affair with foreign wives, which the law code forbiddened. So is it nothing new that others endeavoring to be sheep of Jah's pasturage would compromise, especiall since they're further away from perfection? Come now, the scriptures clearly indicate that "all [of us] have sinned and fall short of the glory of God", as Rom 3:23 states (who ever thought it may have skipped them). Besides anyone who has read Rom 3:9-18 should obviously realize there is nothing shocking about any mistakes made by any of us. We will be judged by heavy judgement, thats for sure. And Gehenna is willing to swallow anyone down no matter who, what, or how long one lives.

Anyway, that's purely why making proper use of the ransom Jesus provided is the only true hope period. It will never be easy, but Rev 7:9,14 clearly gives proof some of us stiffnecked people will yet make it alive through all this mayhem. So we either try or fail. The cause is one thing. The end is forever.

• PriestessLizzie
    PriestessLizzie

What is a lie? It is the telling of something that one knows is false.

What is false? That is based solely on one's perception. How does anyone really know what is true and what is not when it comes to religion and God? Yes there are Witnesses out there that know what they say is false and yet continue to preach to others for the sake of appearances, but many of these people teach and preach what they truly believe is the truth. For example, let's say one of you happened to visit me in Arizona in the middle of winter..and lets say you happen to be from a state/area that gets well below freezing in the winter time. Now you come down here to the desert and find me wearing a very thick jacket and gloves. You on the other hand, being from the cold country are in in shorts and a tank top. I tell you you're insane, its freezing outside. You laugh and tell me, "no way, this is gorgeous weather". Are either of us lying? Truths are perceptions. What one is accustomed to can alter the truth per individual. Therefore, these folks who remain true to their faith and continue to preach and teach it to others aren't necessarily liars because they talk of that they personally know. When we tell them what we know to be true is in fact false, does that make us liars? Indeed not. If believing in what we see as lies helps them achieve greater spiritual awareness and happiness- hey more power to 'em. I personally believe they are confused...but who am I to judge their beliefs? If I did that, I would be no better than those who had condemned and banished the majority of the people who participate in this forum discussion. By discovering it wasn't true for us and stepping out onto a different path which will take us where we want to go, we gain empowerment over ourselves. That ultimately is the goal, is it not?

Oh and for the record, for those of you from the cold country, if you lived in Arizona long enough you would be wearing a jacket in 65 degree weather too. Funny how life works like that. Its all about change- learning and growing...physically, spiritually, & emotionally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit