Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Best Liars

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I say that because we have been TRAINED to lie and not even give it a second thought! We might intially call it "theocratic strategy" and we may utilize this "provision" so that the "good news" might be spread. But more often than not, we bend the rules as we see fit, reasoning that it's not REALLY lying, afterall! We find ways to do things so that "technically" we might not get disfellowshipped but can still do what we want. Here's a great example of that....I know an elder and his wife that operate a variety store that sells lottery tix and tobacco. In order to get around their owning this store, they put all the paperwork under her "worldly" father's name. PRESTO! Since they have no control, but daddy does, they are mere workers, employees! Funny thing is, daddy died 2 years ago and they're still doing the same thing.......Any comments?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You have to remember, they are fighting satan's minions and need to do anything in their power to stop the forces of evil!

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, Elsewhere, now where's that cigar??

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Surely a lie is a lie is a lie. How can you quantify "the best liar" when a lie is a lie. Do dubs lie? Of course they do - we all do!

• undercover
    undercover

I think more and more people, whether consciencly or subconsciencly, have less and less respect for and faith in the WTS. They may go through the motions and even deceive themselves and each other into thinking they are good JWs but their attitudes and actions are slowly, bit by bit, over time, showing otherwise. JWs today, for the most part, are blending in today's society better than ever. Yea, there will always be over-zealous, super-righteous types but ever religion has those. The WTS is coming to a crossroads in the next 20 years: reform and become more mainstream, or remain hardcore and plan on a mass exodus of their followers.

So these people sell cigs and lottery tix without any moral dilemmas. Good for them. They keep their store, make a living. So they have to be sneaky and underhanded so the WTS doesn't hunt them down. Good for them. Over time, more and more JWs will resort to more and more of these type things. As that happens, the WTS loses power over their followers. They lose power, they lose money, they lose influence. Good.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

I'll bet she grinds her teeth at night just thinking about all this deception in her life. As for her elder pussy husband, he can just kiss ass like he always does.

HCM

• Gopher
    Gopher

To a J-dub, the most important thing is "keeping up appearances". You always must look righteous.

Since there are SO MANY darn rules that JW's have to navigate, it's no wonder that sometimes they have to do a little behind-the-scenes maneuvering so as to APPEAR to not be breaking the rules of the Watchtower society.

I know an elder and his wife that operate a variety store that sells lottery tix and tobacco. In order to get around their owning this store, they put all the paperwork under her "worldly" father's name.
    Funny, isn't it? Remember in the 1970's when all the JW's who owned or worked on tobacco farms (like in North Carolina) had to give up that employment? Yet apparently it's okay for an elder to sell the end product in his convenience store.
  • minimus
    minimus

HochiMin, obviously you know who I'm speaking about. But they are good examples when they're not drunk!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Yeah, Elsewhere, now where's that cigar??

Can't help ya there... better take that up with Monica.

• undercover
    undercover

just posting so that Elsewhere doesn't kill this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit