Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Best Liars

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

If there is just one single outcry from the wilderness it is: :Handcuffed The Watchtower is run by psychopaths Hatchet Habitual,pathological liars.

Watchtower Liar this man on fire Undaunted Danny "in their face in cyberspace"

• minimus
    minimus

The problem is---the elder will be the 1st guy to get righteously indignant over the breaking of a Wt. rule. The wife will viciously dissect another brother's or sister's percieved shortcomings. It's not "good for them" that they're living a double life unless they afford the same courtesy to everyone else!.....UNDERCOVER, Thanks for helping not kill the thread!

• undercover
    undercover
    The problem is---the elder will be the 1st guy to get righteously indignant over the breaking of a Wt. rule. The wife will viciously dissect another brother's or sister's percieved shortcomings. It's not "good for them" that they're living a double life unless they afford the same courtesy to everyone else!

Okay, now that is a problem. It's one thing to be sneaky, underhanded and plain don't give a damn what the WTS says. It's another when you're being hypocritical about it and try to force others into obeying when you yourself aren't. Can't abide by that. He might be on a power trip. Unfortunately a lot of elders give into the evil side of the power trip. Just makes things harder on the R&F. Makes it harder for regular pubs to be sneaky and underhanded too.

UNDERCOVER, Thanks for helping not kill the thread!

Anytime, red dot.

• minimus
    minimus

Keep Elsewhere elsewhere.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, I have noticed this comfort with deception with the JW's I have met. I have wondered, recently, if this is from all the practice they have justifying the actions of their society?

Hey, if they can justify their leader's outrageous behavior, how far a stretch is it to start making excuses for their own failings?

• AlanF
    AlanF

JWs indeed tend to be such ingrained pathological liars that they often don't know they're lying. They practice the same kind of self-deception that George Orwell called doublethink in his 1948 novel Nineteen Eighty Four.

Many years ago my mom shocked me with her unselfconscious admission that she would lie to someone to get them into the JW organization. Over a period of years I had been asking her and my stepdad (an elder) a number of hard questions to try to see if there were any good reason to become an active JW again. All I got was stonewalling and evasion. They even forwarded a few questions to the Society through informal channels, but this Watchtower official refused to touch them. One day, I was talking to my mom on the phone about this, and asked her, "If you had a Bible student and they asked you the same questions that you JWs are refusing to answer for me, what would you do?" She said, "Well, I'd try to convince them to put the questions off and complete the study and become a Witness." I said, "Ok, then what would you do to answer the questions after the person became a JW?" She said, rather heatedly, "Well I'd hope that by then they'd have enough sense not to ask the questions!" I said, "Mom. Do you realize that you just told me you'd lie to your student?" She got quite upset and said, "I can't deal with this!" and handed to phone to my stepdad. I've since come to realize that this kind of conscious/unconscious deception is one of the defining characteristics of the JWs and similar cults. They perform doublethink to tell a lie and in the same moment tell themselves it isn't a lie and then, as part of the process, immediately forget all about it.

AlanF

• JH
    JH

They are the best liars, because they BELIEVE their lies.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Psalms 6:16-19 God hates liars. If everyone lies, who can judge? Witnesses are encouraged to use their bible-trained conscience to guide them. With such a diverse capacity for flawed perception among so-called spirit directed people, is it any wonder that many will adopt the 'anything goes' mentality?

It appears that lying is a matter of conscience. The mind among well-intentioned people can identify wrongdoing in others but justifies wrongdoing in themselves. Putting on airs at the KH is consistant with lying, but that seems to be a consistant human flaw.

My issue with the organization is that they claim to have the truth and live it. That claim makes them liars. As brought out by Ozzie, a lie, is a lie, is a lie. Is it any wonder that others will gladly follow their lead?

• minimus
    minimus

But what I might consider lying---you might not!

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    Surely a lie is a lie is a lie. How can you quantify "the best liar" when a lie is a lie. Do dubs lie? Of course they do - we all do!

Yeah - but when I lie - nobody dies....I don't manipulate people so that they feel compelled to die for my lie. That's a BIG difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit