Crazy JW Superstitions...

by Confucious 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• franklin J
    franklin J

this thread was my chuckle for the day,,,,,

• Confucious
    Confucious

On the masterbation thing...

OMG, check this out from an essay from former US Surgeon general... LOL...

A friend, a senior citizen, stopped me after church one Sunday and said, "Please tell the children that masturbation won't hurt them. I spent my entire youth in agony waiting to go blind, because my parents told me that's what would happen if I masturbated. I guess I could have stopped, but going blind seemed the better option."

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    I used to actually be afraid to pray out loud at times for fear Satan would use it against me.

Does this mean that Gawd doesn't listen to prayer, yet SatanTM does...?

JW's sure teach twisted things.

ESTEE

• El Kabong
    El Kabong
    gitasatsangha Re: Crazy JW Superstitions...

When under attack by demons, especially at night, turn on the lights. Apparently demons though very ancient and powerful spirits, have an aversion to electric light. I dont know whether this covered both incandescent AND flourescent lighting or not.

And they told me that the blacklight I had in my room would attract demons!!!

• Celtic
    Celtic

Aluminium was supposed to be a conductor through which demons could operate I remember being told when I was young.

Certainly there was a great fear associated with buying anything secondhand in case a demon might be possessing the object, weird then how my father, an elder at the time was in business dealing in antiquarian books maps and prints from the late 16th century to the late 19th century, not sure how that one works.

Remember the one about the angel sitting on top of the car aye.

Don't buy fairy liquid was another one, the little baby on the bottom side of the bottle of washing up liquid was a demonic sign, if you bought this brand, you were inviting demons into your home.

Don't buy anything with a barcode on it as every barcode has the numbers 666 on it.

Loads more, can't remember them all, thank goodness.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Oh yeah! lol! I remember the classic one about the " friend of a friend " who bought a vacuum from someone who dabbled in spiritualism - and ----- wait for it --------------- strange happenings started to occur.

Guess what? These 'happenings' all stopped after Sister Upstanding removed the said object from her home!

Poor JWs missing out on all those bargains on Ebay!

FF

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

The praying for a sign, in the 60's and 70's when I was being raised a JW, was wrong, as the time of signs and miracles was passed (Jesus time and before). Any "sign" could be considered from Satan.

Today I believe in signs, and miracles. They happen all the time, and they are not satanic nor demonic. They are a part of the universe. Coincidence? or Coincigod? I'll take the latter.

Hugs

Brenda

• wednesday
    wednesday

i knew a sister who used to read the daily text and try to take it as a "predict" for her day. she said she would often pray for a sign, and look for it in the daily text. sort of like reading the horoscope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit