What Are You READING?

by patio34 67 Replies latest social entertainment

• patio34
    patio34

Okay, it seems it's high time we had another thread like this!

For serious reading, I have

1. Exceptions to the Rulers by Amy Goodman (goes great with Fahrenheit 911!)
    2. The Curse of Adam by Bryan Skyles (I think) (it predicts the extinction of males---sooooorrrrrry!--but not for 25,000 years, I think)

For fun, I have been hooked on Dean Koontz lately!! The Taking, The Face, Mr. Murder, etc.

What are you all reading??

Hugs,

Pat

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

1:Complete Sherlock Holmes by Doyle

2: History of Scotland (huge book WONDERFUL book. It has inspired lots of poetry)

3. The Time Travelrs wife

• patio34
    patio34

Hi ya Sheila,

Of course, I read the great book Thunder Rider's Burden!!

I read quite a bit of Sherlock Holmes a while back. Marilyn Savant (reputedly the highest IQ on record) recommended his stories to increase your IQ. They are very clever.

What is the Time Travelers Wife? Sounds intriguing.

Pat

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Patio, how many books do you read in a week?

I'm reading Big Lies: How the Right Wing Propaganda Machine Distorts the Truth. I'll probably finish it sometime in 2007.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Along Came A Spider by James Patterson.

Have read Kiss the girls; and Jack and Jill. Going to try to read the whole series. Just love Murder Mysteries.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Chronicles of Narnia. STILL! lol! Between school work and work work, I've dwindled from a book or two a week to less than one pleasure read a month.

• Huxley
    Huxley

Just finished 'Dharma Punx' by Noah Levine..

Awesome!

Just started 'Guns, Germs and Steel' by Jared Diamond

Huxley

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Dan, I've heard about that book---is it good? I have Blinded by the Right (not read yet)---is it the same author, David Brock? I read about two books a week. But I live alone and can pretty much do as I please, lol. How about you?

Hi Leaa, By the way, Welcome to our board! I love mysteries too.

Hi Odrade (again, lol). It's hard to read for pleasure when you're in school, I bet! But you're keeping up okay.

Pat

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Recently it has been "The Assembly of the Gods" by E. Theodore Mullen, Jr., "Yahweh and the Gods and Goddesses of Canaan" by John Day, and "The Conflict between El and Baal in Canaanite Religion" by Ulf Oldenburg. Go figure....

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Speaking of people who must have read 50 gazillion books in their life...Leolaia I don't know how you and people like you do it. I'll be honest with you - I feel like an illiterate hillbilly compared to you and a lot of posters on this board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit