The reason I joined your forum...

by SwampThing 23 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

Welcome SwampThing.

Maybe what's happening with your friend has to do with matters other than the jw religion. For someone to turn to a pattern of lying seems odd, jw or not. The religion does not condone lying in everyday dealings (though many jws do it anyway). Maybe your friend is lying to cover something up, and hence, since more lies are needed to keep up the original.....

Maybe there's a personal, physical, or marital problem that's behind his abnormal behavior. Or, maybe it does have something to ddo with the religion. It certainly exerts a great pressure in the lives of its adherents. Maybe he cracked under it, which happens often in dubdom (I'll throw in another term unique to the jws).

• Satanus
    Satanus

No doubt that it is confusing when someone you thought was a close friend totally shuts down like that. One possibility is that all of his friendliness/time/discussion was w the goal of converting you. When he realised it wasn't going to happen, poof, game over.

It could be that he talked to the elders about a close friend (you) who seemed a good wt prospect. The elder may have pointed out to him that you were really a worldling (part of non jw world controlled by the devil), in league w the devil, since you were not progressing towards becoming a jw. He would then realise that you were the enemy, or a friend of the enemy, and a waste of time.

I think that the wt (watchtower) programming makes people suppress their real selves and create fake identities. Maybe the person w whom you were solving the worlds problems w, who was basically studying the bible w you was a wt cutout. The wt actually has a teaching about building a new personality, a new person after christ, well, the wt christ, who lives in patterson new york. We are damaged goods.

S

• garybuss
    garybuss

Swamp, you wrote: "When I have confronted him regarding his lies, he just looks at me and says nothing."

Maybe you are looking in the mirror?

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    I think that the wt (watchtower) programming makes people suppress their real selves and create fake identities. Maybe the person w whom you were solving the worlds problems w, who was basically studying the bible w you was a wt cutout. The wt actually has a teaching about building a new personality, a new person after christ, well, the wt christ, who lives in patterson new york. We are damaged goods

The WT recognizes this double personality and refers to it as "living a double life." Most JWs do this to one degree or another. I knew several witnesses with severe emotional problems--many of whom were living double lives. A couple of JWs I knew had been diagnosed with multiple personalities. I think this too may be all too common with the double-speak double-think teachings of the JW religion.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Satanus : the wt (watchtower) programming makes people suppress their real selves and create fake identities.

Yeah that's leads to real psycho issue !

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

swampthing,

Welcome to the board.

Sounds like your friend is pretty messed up.

I personally would not have any buisness dealing with witnesses. Most unreliable and use the friendship thing badly.

My dad was working for a JW, he treated my dad so badly that it caused him to have a nervous breakdown. I hope you sort out your problem before it effects you too badly.

welcome again.

Lehaa.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I always feel like I'm destined to be a terrible person, or was destined to be a terrible person if I stayed a JW.

Well the only reason I can see why your friend did these things is because he's kind of, a bad guy. I know you guy shad a good relationship but that went south huh? Sorry to hear about your situation. Suck people are everywhere. Don't let him get you down too much though.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome Swampy!

None of this makes any sense to me, and that is what brought me to your forum. I?ve been trying to learn more about the inner workings of the JW religion, and if it might be beneficial for me to try and speak with the elders of this guy?s congregation. His religion is quite clearly the mainstay in his life, and it is what guides his every move. But from the outside looking in, it appears to be a religion which condones lying, breaking the law, as well as numerous other things which one would never associate with Christianity.

The only people you can really trust are dead! No one alive can really be trusted.........I once had a dear friend who was in her last days of cancer tell me that and from what I've learned lately it's so true, you never really know who your real friends are.

We were told that Jehobers people are the only ones to trust, then we learn the truth about the troof? and leave the WTS, then we come here and meet lots of peeps and our guard is let down and we think we've met people who we relate to and can trust because they've walked our walk and talked our talk, but eventually we find out we really can't trust anyone except the dead.

Hopefully you will find some support for what you are going though at this time but never and I repeat never let your guard down and trust anyone especially the UNchristian.

Kate

• jwsons
    jwsons

He may find out JWs is a Cult and became disappointed and does anything (even bad "decision") to catch back what he was lost for many years as a JW. Some may become bad because of thinking "There is no God" (for if God really existed, why He let a religion nearly perfect like JWs become a terrible Lie as such--when your friend finds out WTS is aBig LIE of all time). Many others find out this forum and be encouraged by friends over here and stay as good Christians without any Churches.

jwsons

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

ROFLMBO @ Kate!!!!

OMG Girl!!!!

Yer skeering the newbie!

*falls on floor - sees worms - and SCREAMS!!!!!!*

Can I have some of what you're consuming?!!!!

Please?!

:-)

growedup

P.S. Welcome to the forum Swamp Thing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit