Who actually did the disfellowshipping?

by barbar 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• barbar
    barbar

When I was disfellowshipped, I was really looking for a way out, although I did not want to be disfellowshipped, it was easier than making the break on my own.

I appreciate that many are distraught when they get DF'd, but was the actual meeting controlled by the elders or you?

How many were really in control of the meeting and knew that being disfellowshipped was actually a way of ensuring that you would get no more hassle from the elders?

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

I definitely didnt control the meeting

it was just to confirm the facts with me beforehand

it only took them not even 5 min to say convene with df'g outcome

Sinamon

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I wrote a letter disassociating myself, so I never had a meeting, but my BS conductor phoned me before they received it so I told him it was on its way. He was quite flustered and angry when I gave him my reasons for leaving. He couldn't control himself, let alone a conversation. The best he was able to do was admit that there were serious problems in the org.

I suppose that's why judicial commitees have at least 3 elders. One on one they don't stand a chance.

Walter

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

They have 3 to subvert the law and make it a "public" meeting. Therefore they are not liable for confidentiality.

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

XQ--

really? i didnt know that

well..........theres alot of things i dont know since i just took everything that i learned as fact

i never ?'d it, and now here i am

i guess better late than never

sin

• Dawn
    Dawn

First time I was DF'd the elders were definately in control. I didn't want to be DF'd and was completely brainwashed convinced it was the truth. So I kept going to meetings and was reinstated about 6 months later. That set of FOUR elders were a$$wipes - careless, inconsiderate, and treated me very rude and degrading.

4 yrs later - I wanted OUT - I controlled the second meeting and wanted to be DF'd. I actually feel bad for the second set of elders because they were three really nice men with good hearts and they wanted to help, they're just mislead. They didn't want to DF me and gave me a second chance - in fact, they begged me to stay and let them help me get brainwashed again spiritually strengthened - so I went home and slept with my boyfriend AGAIN and went back and told them. They didn't really have a choice then - and they knew I wasn't giving them one. It was easier for me at the time to be DF'd than to Disassociate myself because my parents would still talk to me if I was DF'd but not if I Disassociated ('cause then I'd be a free-thinker apostate person).

• amazone
    amazone

I would say i did.

I wrote a long letter to the elders, giving them an account of my negative experiences in the troof and explained that i could not live as a jw anymore.. but maybe one day i might come back (idon´t know what i was thinking) but for now did not want to be contacted by them at all.

i still lived with my jw mum and told her that i didn´t want any contact with the elders and they have respected my wishes for ten years already. only sending their greetings from time to time.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I had no control over the meeting, as I was unaware that there even was a meeting. That's what ticked me off so bad. I had to hear of my own disfellowshipping "Thru the Grapevine". Those spineless jellyfish elders couldn't even let me know.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/73454/3.ashx click for 'showtime' KANGAROO COURTS

a.k.a. GESTAPO TACTICS:

A few minutes, from my final judicial hearing.. Off To Work Off To Work 6 vs.1
    Sign up for google Jehovah's Witnesses news alerts.It's something new and it's free.

Create another News Alert:
    http://www.google.com/newsalerts?hl=en alt

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I just confessed my sins, was asked questions as to whether I made the Society look bad by my actions, did I know of any other witnesses invovled in my activites.

Then came the out a hat with little bits of paper, one of the Elders picked on out and it said DISFELLOWSHIPPED.

Later as we left (no prayer) becuase I was not a at witness any more I noticed ALL the papers in the hat said (DISFELLOWSHIPPED).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit