When is it gonna stop?

by Obviously Secret 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I was just thinkin awhile ago. Alot of people stay in this kind of social group, anti-witnesses perhaps, for a very very long time. I was just wondering, when you all think it will be totally over for you?

Cause I mean alot of people view JW's as the enemy right? Usually the best way to win over the enemy is not even giving him the satisfaction that your spending most of your mental energy over it.

I doubt I'll be on this website longer than another month or two, cause I mean I just don't want to give stress of the whole thing the satisfaction of getting me worried ya know? Stress is my enemy and worrying is my enemy so I'm trying my best to just say forget it, cause that's when you truly win.

Just wonderin, when is it gonna stop? For you personally, just a quick guess.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

For me, I plan to be part of this board for awhile. A lot of me wanting to stay, is the fact that friends are made here, and it is a good place to re-affirm that we are not alone. I treat it as a "Coffee Clutch" where we can gather around the watering hole to catch up, and chat in between times of dealing with everyday life. I think the best way to "Win over the enemy" is to show them that I have come to a point where they no longer have as great an affect on me, and am once again able to laugh, and have people in my life who truly care, and look out for each other's well being.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OS It is common for a lot of people to leave a traumatic experience and say they need to move on with their lives. And they do just that - move on.

Many others find that even years after moving on there are some residual issues they need to deal with about their expereince. This can bring them back to a board like this or for some send them to therapy.

I was one of those who initially decided to move on with my life. I went to college and then university. I finished raising my kids. For 10 years I was busy moving on.

And then one day a friend asked me a question about the JWs. Innocent enough but I had been out for ten years and decided to see if there was anything on the internet that would answer her question.

Well needless to say what I found just stunned me. I realized that while I was out of the borg - it certainly wasn't out of me. I had to do a lot of educating myself (aka deprogramming).

Even once I had it out of me and I knew that it wasn't the one true religion there were issues that came up like the sexual abuse on the org that threw me for a loop. I was one of those kids so the issue touched me deeply and stirred up some new issues that I had to deal with. I hope that is it.

Now I stick around to help others

The nice thing is that you can leave and come back whenever you need to. We don't padlock the gate when people leave

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I don't mean it by leaving the friends you made and the people you love, but I dunno, when is the org gonna be totally out of you like, you won't even give it the satisfaction of making you cry at night anymore. Ya know?

• bem
    bem

OS.... Guess you may not understand this yet but some torments come back at the least expected of times. I haven't been on the forum long. But i'm thinking it would be to my emotional well being to keep in contact with folks on here that nurture and care about the progress i'm making,remembering this,The benefit of this contact?Is being able to help someone not for any other gain than to be satisfied that you have helped someone on there journey.Some on here seem to have healed and are able to help those of us who have not. But if your close to them and they need you. You are close enough to them to lend an ear or shoulder when they need you.The forum offers other kinds of help,Lovely photos,kind helpful words, Help and advise from people who have been there done that!

Anyways bud,not sure if I answered the ? or not but hopefully gave you something encouraging to think about.bem

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I don't mean, drop all ya friends and everything, I think I may have put it wrong but when do you feel that the WTS will be out of your system. Cause that's really the best thing you can do if you were abused by something. Give it hell by showing it's not affecting you.

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

At Armaggedon....hehehe

Nadsam

[email protected]

ps....couldn't resist that piece of fluff

• Corvin
    Corvin
    I doubt I'll be on this website longer than another month or two, cause I mean I just don't want to give stress of the whole thing the satisfaction of getting me worried ya know? Stress is my enemy and worrying is my enemy so I'm trying my best to just say forget it, cause that's when you truly win.

Hey OS, it's been real good having you around, and I think you might just have an issue or two to resolve with regards to the faith . . . I dunno, but if you think you are going to be done soon, good for you. I wish you the best, and I hope I can work through my things as quick as you have.

Corvin

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Hey OS,

The Watchtower Society experience is a part of my personal evolution and will always be a part of me. It?s not something I deny. I embrace it. It has taught me a lot of life?s lessons (through bad example most usually) that I have carried throughout my life. As to coming here to this forum, for me it?s great fun most of the time. And those times I can give an encouraging word or two to those who are struggling with the JW experience, I feel a kind of responsibility to help show these dear ones the way. Not my way necessarily, but the way away from the Watchtower Society. It gives me a good feeling knowing that I am in a position to help others to see, and its quite exiting to witness those actually see for the first time the real truth.

Steve

• Sassy
    Sassy

OS, I appreciate those who have been around here a long time because they truly help me know that whatever happens as I have exit issues as a JW, I can get through it. In turn, I'd like to be able to be here for those exiting behind me.. and be able to help them..

If you think about it, although having doubts about being a JW might have been what brought you here, I think of all the hours in chat we spend together and all the subjects we cover (yes we do talk about things besides sex). I think you are here yourself for the friendship and advice of those around you..

oh yeah.. and CALL HER.. will ya

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit