The Watchtower's Most Heinious, Vile Crime

by TMS 44 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers
    The problem with an outsider looking at these claims, is that it then becomes difficult to identify who to accuse of the genocide perpetrated on the basis of this belief - a group of men whose ever shifting policies result in the injury and death of hundreds of innocent people, or the God who they claim instructed them to tinker with these important doctrines. The GB seem quite content to blame God for these deaths, but their collective consciences seem unable to grasp the realties of what has really happened here, that is - that they have consistently enforced policies that have killed people and then absolve their own part in these deaths, by passing on the blame to God for instructing them to do it. The specter of Nuremberg rises to haunt them.

Thank you Hilary.

Awake I say, Awake!

I'm amazed to still be alive. How does someone behave normally when he learns to live without a family?

I hear those words. Isn't all this info proof that they worm their way into families?
    Destroyer of marriages, families, friends,,,

• Triple A
    Triple A
    The problem with an outsider looking at these claims, is that it then becomes difficult to identify who to accuse of the genocide perpetrated on the basis of this belief - a group of men whose ever shifting policies result in the injury and death of hundreds of innocent people, or the God who they claim instructed them to tinker with these important doctrines. The GB seem quite content to blame God for these deaths, but their collective consciences seem unable to grasp the realties of what has really happened here, that is - that they have consistently enforced policies that have killed people and then absolve their own part in these deaths, by passing on the blame to God for instructing them to do it. The specter of Nuremberg rises to haunt them.

Your own insinuation is that God do not instruct them, that it is a false claim. If one acquises another falsely, the acquised should not be held responsible. If you have read Criss of Consience by Fred Franz, you realize that the GB is not blind to where the instruction comes from. They vote on what best serves the WTB&TS and ultimitly them.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Can't seem to edit my above post for some reason, but meant to say I despise this conditional love program..You all know what I mean

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

TMS,

I agree with you. I'm always discouraging parents to allow their children to get baptized, at least until they're old enough to drive, or when their hormones have calmed down and they can make a clear decision that will affect the rest of their lives.

Believe me, I've won many an argument on this field. Another reason why I'm labeled 'spiritually weak', and even 'marked' by some.

Oh, I'm quite vocal about this, since it was my own experience.

DY

• TMS
    TMS

So many cogent comments . . .

perhaps a little tunnel vision on my part in describing the crime as "most heinious"

as farkel, ohiocowboy, nobodytoldme pointed out: there are many crimes of the WTBS

Balsam alluded to the parental responsibility law we have here in the U.S. We used to refer to the age of majority as 21. In many ways it is now 18. So some JW parents of "troubled" teens wait until there offspring's eighteenth birthday before packing their bags. Why is a Christian religion more concerned with a "legal" responsibility than a moral one?

HoChiMin: " If I would not guide and assist my own child in a time of need WHO ELSE WOULD?"

That's a wonderful quote!

TMS

ps: Witness parents and their children live in fear of disfellowshipping. When young ones encounter problems, the focus is on keeping them from being disfellowshipped more than it is helping them to be good, productive, moral people. This, of course, reinforces the "double life" syndrome.

• gladtobefree
    gladtobefree

My dad ran the "witness protection program". -

My parents were divorced while my younger brothers were in their early teens. My dad had never been a JW and my mom had been one since I was 3. My brothers moved in with my dad because they did not want to be JW's. My father ended up taking in 4 unrelated JW youths (at different times) ALL under 18 because their parents kicked them out. He called it the witness protection program. I remember one youth in particular. He was such a sweet kid. But his hair was a little too long and he had the "wrong" friends. That was his parents only reason for throwing him out. They did not want him to be a bad influence on his little sisters. His dad was a MS at the time and wanted to be an elder. He could not do that with a son who had long (still above his shoulders) hair. He was a real sensitive kid and that hurt him a lot. I think if it were not for my dad taking him in and and helping him get through school and get work he would probably have killed himself. He had nowhere else to go.

• TMS
    TMS

gladtobefree,

You have one hell of a dad.

TMS

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

gladtobefree,

i love your dad too.

• gladtobefree
    gladtobefree

Thanks. My dad was far from perfect and the affects of PTSD (from Vietnam) have taken over his life now, but I am very proud of what he did for those young men.

• franklin J
    franklin J

gladtobefree

thanks for sharing that about your dad. He is proof that even "wordly" people can have more love; compasson and "good sense" then "Jehovahs Witnesses".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit