The Watchtower's Most Heinious, Vile Crime

by TMS 44 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

The public announcement of "judicial reproof" is also devastating to youngsters. Many can imagine (because they went through it) what it must be like having your name announced to a group of 100 or so people, and then to have that news quickly spread to neighboring congregations which make up a circuit or 1,000 or more publishers. And all that comes only after being grilled by three elders.

I know one family that in the past year became inactive essentially due to the lousy treatment their teenager received at the hands of the elders.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I agree 1000%

This is one of the main reasons I left the Org. I couldn't stand to see the pain inflicted on the young ones any longer (including my non-baptized daughter who was living a moral life, but not making the decision to be baptized fast enough for the elders in the congo, so she was therefore concidered to be weak and wicked). Some of them were having nervous breakdowns and mental problems and then making poor choices which ended in their Df-ing. Now you have an already broken young one and you isolate them--shun them and treat them like they are dead. Now the Org encourages familites being even stricter as to how they treat these ones who are still living at home. Case in my former congo:

Young witness boy (forced into baptism at 15) by dysfunctional parents whose father is physically and mentally abusive of the mother (the mother is mentally ill herself). Anyway, this kid not surprisingly grows up with a lot of emotional problems. He falls in love with some girl and longs for her so much he tries to commit suicide and ends up in the mental hospital and is put on medication. The elders and his family, of course, think it is because he is not being "spiritual" enough and focusing too much on the "things in the world" (things such as friendships with the opposite sex). Eventually after a few rough years boy falls in love again and commits the act and is Dfd. He is given a choice by the parents to either leave the house or make steps to be reinstated. He leaves the house moves in with a woman twice his age and starts drinking heavily. He eventually ends up sleeping in his car and his family takes mercy on him says he can return home, but only if he obeys the rules, which are to go to all the meetings and to have limited contact with the other family members in the household, which means: While eating meals at the table with the other family members there will be no conversation. He can only watch TV in his own room away from the family and not in the living room with the family. The sister (his mother) makes sure that everyone in the congo knew of these arangements as they wanted to be obiedient to what the FDS said about not giving the impression that "things were as they were before" the son was Dfd. Well, this didn't work for long and this whole story ended very badly...I can't go into any more of the details--it's too upsetting. I despise this unconditional love program.

When my daughter wasn't getting bapized fast enough for the elders liking one of them told me that they preferred that the kids get baptized so they can have more control over what they do (his words almost exactly)

Forcing the kids into being baptized at an early age should be illegal in my book. It is not an adult decison, but it is one with far reaching effects on their lives. 13 year olds are not of legal age to marry, drink, drive, or vote, or sign legal documents. Baptism is a legally binding contract according to the Org, but forcing these young ones into baptism at an early age and then Dfing them for being normal kids is most definitely a heinious vile CRIME.

Has anyone Dfd at a young age ever taken this one to court?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I was in since 1957 I don't know yah'll but I seen the control freak leadership exercise control at all levels of childrearing.Standard Operating Practice is girls married at 16 and boys at 18

That's robbing the cradle and sets in motion all the family dysfunction.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Standard Operating Practice is girls married at 16 and boys at 18

I dont know about where you live, but the only decent elder that I have known in recent years got removed in the late 90's because allowed his 16 year old daughter to have a steady boyfriend. He was a good lad in good standing with the cong. They had only long term plans to marry someday.

The father was removed for not applying Society policy of "not courting until you are old enough to marry"

Are we talking about the same organisation, or did I perhaps missunderstand your post?

• Mary
    Mary
    Standard Operating Practice is girls married at 16 and boys at 18

Oh but Danny, they've changed! Now the Standard Practice is girls married at 18 and the boys at 19!!

Why don't we ever see these kids on their wedding day plastered on the front of the WT or Awake! with one of the following captions:

You've Come A Long Way Baby - NOT!

Child Brides: Not Just For Muslims Anymore

Teenage Marriages: The Price for Getting Laid

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

1970-1980 Florida,New Hampshire my comment:Standard Operating Practice is girls married at 16 and boys at 18 They discuss it on one of Randy Watters video's so i'm not the only one who's seen it.

I only know what prevailed,I'm 47 out of the borg at 33 and NEVER married or even courted,and I was hated/target, for my non-conformity,(Ulcerative colitis,colostomy,new system gonna cure me any minute....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

** yp chap. 30 pp. 237-238 Am I Ready for Marriage? ***
    Wisely, the Bible encourages Christians to marry when they are "past the bloom of youth." (1 Corinthians 7:36) Marrying when passion is at high tide can distort your thinking and blind you to a prospective mate?s flaws.

yp chap. 30 p. 241 Am I Ready for Marriage? ***
    Marriage can be a source of rich happiness or of most bitter pain. Much depends upon how ready you are for it. If you are still a teenager, why not wait a while before you begin dating? Waiting will not harm you. It will simply give you the time you need to be truly ready if and when you take that serious?and permanent?step of marriage

I only quote the above to show that this is official policy , although I can well believe that common practice at times , in some areas,may well have been as you say

I do not wish to dissent.. lets agree that the W T is a horrible organisation that deserves our maximum exposure, and I admire what Undaunted Danny does in his community

My take is that they simply teach falsehood as lies, We all suffered. We wasted our lives on that worthless false hope, that slanders the good name of God and teaches intolerance and a stupid, rule bound existence

I sincerely long for the day when it just winds up ..

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Right on Blues Brother I testify as a witness of the Watchtower holocaust,and I submit from my 33 years of exposure to the Jehovah's Witnesses cult.
    The usual violation that results in teenage disfellowshippings IS 'immorality'.This occurs often from courtship cruelty's.Time after time i have seen boys and girls play cruel dating games( tug on each others heart strings) and use and abuse each other.This cause the victim of the hoak( who's been dumped) to stumble out.. Thank goodness that I never had any children of my own.But I had sisters brothers nieces nephews and cousins and I have seen it time and time again..

• Triple A
    Triple A

Their are many abuses that I hear about in the WTB&TS, but the one that they well surely pay for is the seperating of men and women from God. There will be no mercy for this crime when they stand before the White Throne of Judgement.

• new light
    new light

I was disfellowshipped at 16. My parents did not shun me all the way, but there was enough coldness that I bolted at 18. It was not pretty. I made one bad choice after another for years. It's a terrible place to be, stuck somewhere between the JWs and the world. Looking back, I'm amazed to still be alive. How does someone behave normally when he learns to live without a family? It took me 11 years to overcome the depression being DF'ed caused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit