Legal Eagles

by link 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Out -

You have a point - to a degree (no pun intended!) However, remember, that one must obtain a Bachelor's Degree before being admitted to law school. And I don't know of any college that does not require some form of Critical Thinking classes in order to obtain that degree. So, although the WT lawyers are trained as you say, they are also educated!

Just curious - why do you type in allcaps?!

growedup

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi Growed up.

All CAPS??

Just a habit I guess.

Having training in critical thinking does not do much good unless it is applied. If ones profession mainly does not take us to religion, then it is not applied. A lawyer for example is primarily focused on laws and legal history and litigation tactics.

Another thing is, if one is a jw lawyer and the life feels good and you feel important, why bite the hand that feeds you?

It is my experience that the cult processes are quite successful in stopping criticism.

If the individual is truly "educated" he has several other sources that will challenge the cults BELIEFS sorry, and their use of HISTORY sorry, and he has sources of knowledge that he is aware of to check these things out.

It surprises me that so many people look upon a lawyer or medical dr. as educated when they are really just trained in that profession.

Does my using all caps, upset you?

Outoftheorg

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Out -

No, your allcaps don't upset me. It's just that usually allcaps on the internet is equated with shouting or emphasis, so I just wasn't sure if you were mad or.....?!!!

I don't know if we will really know in the hearts of the WT lawyers what they really believe, religiously. Euphemism, who has direct knowledge of WT lawyers, stands by the fact that the WT will put loyal members through law school. For all I know, there could be some kind of "string" attached whereby the WT will pay for their education (or training!) in exchange for a certain number of years of service. One way or another, I think we can both agree that practicing law is not about the beliefs of the lawyer, it is about using and/or twisting law to sway a judge and/or jury to vote in favor of their argument. Personally, I couldn't do it - but there are many who can. And obviously, the WT lawyers fall into that category.

*shrugs shoulders*

growedup

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi again Growed up.

I think Euph. is correct in his statement.

Lawyers are expensive, so I believe the wbts, being as greedy as they are, would spend money to educate a few lawyers and keep them on the payroll.

They almost always engage one or two non jw lawyers on a case they feel is critical.

It is surprising how easy it is to corrupt otherwise decent people, into doing things they would not do normally. If the right situation comes along or is CREATED, sorry. This is especially true if everyone from the family and friends and the wbts right up to GOD sorry, is telling us that we are doing the right thing.

If one has any doubts on this issue, we only have to look back at the jw's we knew and maybe ourself.

I look at myself as a rather decent man with intelligence and I am apalled at some of the starements I made and things I did.

I hope I didn't insult you. Don't mean to. I just have a rather wierd sense of humor.

MAY YOU HAVE PLEASANT BREEZES AND GENTLY FLOWING WATERS IN YOUR LIFE.

sorry I couldn't resist.

Outoftheorg

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Oh, out!

You didn't offend me! Silly man! *gives soft punch to upper arm*!

I think we actually are saying the same thing, just from different angles!

IT WAS NICE CHATTING WITH YOU, TOO! (LOL!!!!)

growedup

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

You guys seem educated. Tell me how knowing the "truth" is not true makes intolerable to participate in. In areas other than religion people and groups will offten collaborate in lies that are easily disproven espeacially if they cant be held liable for it. Now lieing in religion is protected by law in most free places. Why would a group of lie minded people not propagate a lie if it makes them feel better. Look at the KKK. They use facts about minorities and use then as proof to spread lies and hate. The fact that the KKK exist means that humans will use quasi religous groups and participate in known lies because these lies give comfort.

Now step into harmless religion beliefs Where your lies are less relavent in daily life. Some may cite 607 jws may cite transmutation of the eucharist. Why is knowing 607 is false yet believing in 1914 such a moral delima? Why is knowing the wine and bread is not becoming flesh or blood a dramatic revelation that means leaving your faith of choice?

Maybe I am to "spiritually dead" to understand and thats why I am a JW. Then again I am not saved so either way it does not matter.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Uh...... XQ -

I think we're talking about the same thing! My whole point is it doesn't matter what the individual WT lawyer believes in a religious sense. It only matters how well they can find law and apply it and/or twist it in a court of law in order to "prove" their case.

Hope that helps!

growedup

• mustang
    mustang

It may be that Out is an "OldTimer" in the communications game. The I-Net has only been readily available for about 10 years, thereby being quite a newcomer as a communications media. The "all caps = shouting" convention is frightfully new. Such OT'ers may well remember Teletype units, Civilian and Military (and other machines) that were only available in ALL CAPS.

73 OM & YL

Mustang

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

DAMN IT MUSTANG, YOU WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO TELL ANYBODY.

YA I'M AND OLD TIMER.

THERE. YA HAPPY NOW?

DAMNED YOUNG WHIPERSNAPERS.

Outoftheorg

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

They are biased. I know law students with the dumbest ideas about things simply because they wanted to believe them, not because they felt it was important enough to actually look objectively at all sides of the issue. They are trained in looking at all sides for researching their cases, but even then they know which side they are on to begin with. They are only looking for any weaknesses in an opponent's case, they aren't looking for the "truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit