Legal Eagles

by link 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• link
    link

Various media reports indicate that the WBTS often employs the services of a large number of Lawyers and I have seen it suggested that some of the top legal minds amongst them are in fact Jehovahs Witnesses.

Since a qualified and experienced Lawyer will have been trained in the art of digging out and scrutinising factual information, how come these people are JW?s? If they applied their training, to the lest extent, to an examination of "the truth" (TM) it would quickly be seen as a load of bull puckey, even by a halfwit. It could not possibly stand up to proper scrutiny by a person trained and qualified in the legal profession. The teachings of the WBTS are not supported by a single strand of factual information and the majority of the information that does exist appears to indicate that they have most of it horribly wrong.

I hope someone will give this some serious consideration and maybe comment on it because it worries me. Either these people have never bothered to investigate the religion that they belong to, or they in it under false pretences.

The alternative is too horrible to contemplate: the Temple at Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 B.C.E. etc ??????

What do you think?

link

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Link -

I've asked this question before, myself!! I've heard that many of the lawyers were active members who were actually sent to law school by the WTBTS. I've also heard that those on staff are required to be a JW. Don't know whether either is true, but both certainly sound plausible to me! I would be willing to bet my right arm that 99% of them don't believe a single word of the crap the WT espouses - just like most (criminal) lawyers probably don't believe a single word of most of their clients they are hired to defend. It's all a game - and the name of the game is not about finding the "truth", (no pun intended! LOL!), but about "winning" no matter what the truth is! And it sure is easy to hide behind "Freedom of Religion" ............. It is easy to fight cases that deal with the Constitution, comparitively speaking! And they've been very good at it for years!

My .02,

growedup

• Atilla
    Atilla

I could imagine that the WT would train their own lawyers but don't find that too realistic. Would this be the one case where the WT encourages higher education. That indeed would be ironic, R&F not going to college yet paying for someone else to go to college so they can remain ignorant. I don't think it would make sense to have a lawyer that would also be a JW defending you, conflict of interest and everything. Then again, maybe if aren't a dub, there is no way to defend them, you just can't get it.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Atilla -

It's my understanding that the lawyers on staff with WTBTS are "volunteers". I can't imagine them being anything BUT dubs to do something THAT stupid!!!

I'll check my source again and see what I can find out!

growedup

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    Where would any billion dollar empire be without their LAWYERS ?

PUBLIC INFORMATION FROM NEW YORK RECORDS: [Incomplete listing]

Lead lawyer for the WTS is; Philip Brumley Registration Number New york registry: 2224871 PHILIP BRUMLEY WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK INC. 25 COLUMBIA HTS BROOKLYN NY 11201 (718) 560-5400

Office; ----- Philip Brumley born 1956, Firm: Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, Inc.---- Address: 100 Watchtower Dr Patterson, NY 12563-9204 --- Phone: (845) 306-1000 --- Fax: (845) 306-0709 --- Associates: Legal Department Personnel, Patterson, NY (Incomplete) Philip Brumley:( Coordinator ) Gregory Olds, Don Ridley, Carolyn Wah, Charles Creger, Joseph Jandrokovic,

Some other names besides Paul Polidoro

Mario Moreno

http://www.jttuki.info/paducahsun280201

Philip Brumley

http://pview.findlaw.com/view/1804967_1

W. Glen How (Canada)

http://www.watchtowernews.org/glenhow.htm

Bruce Malonee

http://www.freedomforum.org/templates/document.asp?documentID=8453

Carolyn Wah

http://www3.uj.edu.pl/confer/columbia98/bios.html

MORE:WHO is Phillip Brumley? How many Lawyers does a 'non prophet' corporation need ?
  • XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

They are real JWs. The reason they are lawyers are JWs is all modern religions are based on untenable claims. Simply put it is a religion. Also because they are lawyers they have higher statue because forbid they are actually valuable members to the org. They are statically proof there was no college ban... at least for lawyers. I was shouting this but few people listen. They scream about their wasted schoolarships ect but then I can point to many JW lawyers their age or older that by nature of their vocation had you go to college. Also most JW cases are not 1st amendmant. SO you cant say oh well they are not good lawyer because their cases are easy.

Regardless of what many people think religion is no different than any other belief. There are people that believe in 1954 aliens crashed at Roswell. Some of these people are educated. Is it such a stretch to believe the Satan crashed to earth in 1914 a year coinciding with one of the largest blood baths in human history? No. This should scare any rational person. Because this means that in the mind any explainable thing can be believe if it is their will or reason to belief it. If every lawyer used their vocational skills on their religions they would all be atheist. Jokes aside. Religion works on blind faith in where you concede the need for evidence or reason and declare SOMETHING true by choice. THis is then used as a frame work for belief it whatever doctrine is being propagated.

• Will Power
  • Will Power
    Will Power

Remember too.....

that the WT printing company is the mediator between regular JWs and their god.

And what is a mediator?

by their definition....a legal representative.

(Jesus is the mediator for only the self professed annointed JWs, WT Feb 15, 2003 and all other "regular" Christians in the world, the bible)

Will P

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Sometimes, intelligent people have an emotional blind spot. Some of the lawyers may be true believers.

OTOH, some of them may just be staying because it beats leaving and having to start from scratch. These lawyers are often also local or Bethel "heavies"; they have a lot of personal prominence. They can also do well financially; well-to-do Witnesses may seek out their services, and the WTS takes care of its own. (Remember there was thread here a few months ago with evidence that the WTS had financed a real estate investment for one of their lawyers.)

Leaving would mean giving up a whole world of social prominence, lucrative business contacts, and an established reputation. A little religious hypocrisy may seem like a small price to pay to keep all those things.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

If lawyers will become Politicians what makes you think they are above becoming a JW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit