What little things used to excite you as a JW?

by doodle-v 43 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I would get excited when I was younger and would study the watchtower and see that this weeks study only had 19 paragraphs. (made the study seem shorter,lol)

When a meeting would get canceled because of snow (which was rare) and I would get to stay home and watch a Cheers or the Cosby Show

When Brother Cute MS would handle the microphone in the row I was sitting in.

When Brother cute MS would sit in a seat at an angle where I could steal glances at him.

-Doodle-V

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I used to get excited about going on break while in field service, and would also get excited about going out to eat after the service meeting, as we would wait to have dinner till then. I would also get excited about closing prayer at all the meetings.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

haha Ohiocowboy,

Yeah closing prayer was always something to look forward to.

I'd get excited when they would rearrange the book study groups, because I hoped our we would go to the book study as my friends.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I would get excited any time we got to sing Song 113.

We're Je-hhooo-vah's Wit-nesses...

My mom hated this song and my dad sang extra loud! She would always turn beet red...

I got excited when they announced the DC location. Because, that would also be our vacation location for the year since my family couldn't afford to do both.
    I got excited when we got our new Year's Text thingy on the wall.
    I got excited when we got our new calendars.

"Geek, party of ONE. Geek, party of ONE!"Country of the Geek Shall Inhierit the Earth Class.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    I got excited when we got our new Year's Text thingy on the wall.

LMAO!!! Me too!!!

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

<----used to be big JW nerd

I'd also get excited for the new releases at the DC

and when they had a costume drama

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I used to get excited when the Convention was over, and I was able to go home and masturbate, thinking of all the hot sisters that I saw that day.

• glitter
    glitter

The last Thursday of the month when we had goodies to eat after the bookstudy.

The new year's text.

The Bible drama at the assembly.

The Written Review (when I was very small, we stopped going to the Service meeting when I was about 9 as it was too far to travel at that time on a school night.), because my dad took us to a family-friendly pub on Saturday nights and occasionally when we had been there they had quizzes, and I was good at them and Written Review was almost the same!

Slide shows.

New releases.

Ice-cream at the Circuit Assembly, Danishes and free cups of tea at the District Assembly.

• desib77
    desib77

The written review always excited me...of course I was a teenager. It broke up the monotony of Wed. night meetings.

Desi

• Satanus
    Satanus

I used to love reading about hot cars/powerful motors and science fiction books, when i was a jw. Once i was out, i dropped both of those interests. Wierd.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit