Signs of an Awakening Kandalini!!

by frankiespeakin 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bisous
    bisous

"Yeah, I'm elitist. I admit it."
    pffffttttttttt

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

at first it is hard to be humble to realzie you are ONE with all, and thus what some might even call GOD, but then you realize that you are one with all and there is no one else to brag to (^_^)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LT said:

Most folks who claim (?) such a state seem immensely in awe of it, themselves. Humbled even.

Logansrun said:

It takes a certain type of person to pursue this kind of stuff (I admit, my personality is the sort) and that type of person is generally not going to pursue positions of great prominance or power.

ZenNudist said:

...then you realize that you are one with all and there is no one else to brag to

IMHO it's got nothing to do with elitism. That's often the compaint of those who seek the elusive, but rarely that of those who feel they have attained it.
    And just what have they attained?
    The ripples on a vast ocean, and a realisation of their smallness in the scheme of things.
    And yet "I AM".

• dolphman
    dolphman

Logans Run said:

The 10% brain thing is bullshit.

I'm not going to argue over this too much. But it's something I've read and seen and heard in other places besides Watchtower publications. The point is enlightenment brings about the destruction of the ego and the possibility of a person to simply forever live in a state of who they truly really are.

It takes a certain type of person to pursue this kind of stuff (I admit, my personality is the sort) and that type of person is generally not going to pursue positions of great prominance or power.

This is a HUGE point LR makes. Remember, if enlightenment brings about the destruction of the ego, and ego is what drives people towards things like power and dominance, then it would make sense these people would not be attracted to such things. But remember, there are types of people who are enlightened and who do hold power. Jesus, Buhdda, Dali Lama, Ghandi, and others. They had "power" you could say, but only because they were simply BEING who they were. Not because of any other motives involving the usual ego driven variety.

Princess said:

Now, if you could prove to me that someone like Bill Gates (since DM works at Microsoft) had awakened his Kandalini years ago and that is the reason for his brilliant mind, well, I might give it more thought.

Bill Gates is probably the most unspiritual and unelightened being on the planet. Not to mention he bores me to tears at company meetings. You'd think after years of being in the public eye he'd take a public speaking course. He's a total nerd. He just happens to have a great, great intellect and a devious conniving nature and no sense of fair play. A perfect personality for running a major software corporation.

If kundalini happened to BillG, he would donate all his money to the poor and open up MS source code to the world. He would also give back Leonardo Da Vinci's sketchbook to a museum where it belongs. He'd also hopefully get a haircut and a new wardrobe.

• Princess
    Princess
    If kundalini happened to BillG, he would donate all his money to the poor and open up MS source code to the world. He would also give back Leonardo Da Vinci's sketchbook to a museum where it belongs. He'd also hopefully get a haircut and a new wardrobe.

...and you say there is no elitist attitude

• dolphman
    dolphman

Good one princess

Just so you know, i was just kiddin'

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Princess:
    Further to Dolphman's declaration of jest, he has also claimed only an awakened Kundalini, and denies having been enlightened.

Are you on the lookout for elitist tendancies?
    Enquiring minds want to know

• Princess
    Princess

edited to say: nevermind...

see ya!

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    It may seem that way, but suppose for a second that the actual enlightened attitude would be that we're all the same, and it matters about as much as if you are part of the Mickey Mouse club - that would put a whole different spin on it wouldn't it?

Not really. There is still someone claiming to be enlightened and a member of the club, regardless of how trivial it is.

Why would you say that? Actually people don't necessarily go around talking about it, but if it comes up without you even initiating it and you talk about it, that doesn't mean you have some elitist attitude. I happen to be a man, you can say that puts me in a 'club' - but I don't go around claiming this, but there is just a recognition of that fact. If I happen to talk about being a man for some reason I don't think that would automatically mean theres an attitude about it, but obviously even that phrase can have such an implication depending on the usage. (be a man!) If I believed that being a man is better than being a woman or something that would be one thing, but if my view is just that we're different (or same, as in all human) then it doesn't mean the same thing.

Of course this is the same with the word 'enlightenment.' Because there is this connotation that it is some high and mighty thing, people think anyone talking about being enlightened is saying something to the effect of how great they are. As it has been pointed out in this thread, its a matter of the death of the ego - in other words the death of (or seeing through) a fictitious self, which would include any such attitude. It is not an attainment at all, there is nobody left to claim any attainment. So yes, if someone was going around thinking in terms of being special in some sense it is questionable - but in this sense it clearly means they are not actually enlightened.

By the way, in this kind of spiritual context enlightenment is only the beginning. I don't want to distract with any spiritual words, so lets say it is like another cycle of development, as with childhood and adulthood. The thing with this is because enlightenment is actually a recognition of the nature of self, there can be a kind of development without that recognition. So strictly speaking you might have someone who is kind of spiritually developed, even has this thought as an intellectual understanding, but is not actually enlightened. On the other hand, you might have someone who is just like Joe Schmo down the street but recognizes this and hasn't gone the distance so to speak.

Its sort of like psychological and chronological/biological development of a person, there are some mature kids and there are some adult infants. In the first case the kid may be psychologically mature but need to grow up physically, and in the second the guy may be an old man but need to grow up psychologically to catch up. One isn't better than the other, in the first case the kid may miss out on the joys of childhood, in the second case the man is not ready for the responsibilities of adulthood. If it was more balanced, then the kid can just be a kid, the adult can be an adult. You wouldn't say being a child is better or worse than being an adult. If anything the truth is the great equalizer in that you are just what you are, trying to be something you're not is where it gets kind of messed up.

Give me an honest, totally unenlightened person any day - to me the honesty is where the great beauty is.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Six

Errrg. I'm such a beginner
    Not at all. The above are just words and concepts on a discussion board. A few of the words are so vague as to not have any decent definitions, and not one of the ideas is original. You are just fine.

Yah, you're right, six. Errrg, i'm such a beginner for not realising that SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit