Signs of an Awakening Kandalini!!

by frankiespeakin 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Paste and Clip:

http://www.kundalini-gateway.org/ksigns.html

Signs and Symptoms of awakening.

By El Collie.
    Our gratitude to the author for her permission to offer you this article from the Shared Transformation newsletter and website.

line

Many individuals whose Kundalini has been unexpectedly unleashed DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING, and the prevailing social ignorance about this multidimensional transformative process makes it hard to find medical or alternative health practitioners or spiritual advisors who recognize the symptoms, particularly when they are strongly physical. Many people know that the risen Kundalini flings open gates to all sorts of mystical, paranormal and magical vistas but few realize it can also dramatically impact the body. A large percentage of Shared Transformation subscribers have reported long bouts of strange illness as well as radical mental, emotional, interpersonal, psychic, spiritual and lifestyle changes. Over and again we hear stories of frustrating, sometimes desperate visits to doctors, healers, counselors, etc. who neither understood nor were able to help with the myriad pains and problems catalyzed by raging Kundalini.

The following are common manifestations of the risen Kundalini:

• Muscle twitches, cramps or spasms.
    • Energy rushes or immense electricity circulating the body
    • Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging or crawling sensations
    • Intense heat or cold
    • Involuntary bodily movements (occur more often during meditation, rest or sleep): jerking, tremors, shaking; feeling an inner force pushing one into postures or moving one's body in unusual ways. (May be misdiagnosed as epilepsy, restless legs syndrome, or PLMD
    • Alterations in eating and sleeping patterns
    • Episodes of extreme hyperactivity or, conversely, overwhelming fatigue
    • Intensified or diminished sexual desires
    • Headaches, pressures within the skull
    • Racing heartbeat, pains in the chest
    • Digestive system problems
    • Numbness or pain in the limbs (particularly the left foot and leg)
    • Pains and blockages anywhere; often in the back and neck
    • Emotional outbursts; rapid mood shifts; seemingly unprovoked or excessive episodes of grief, fear, rage, depression
    • Spontaneous vocalizations (including laughing and weeping) -- are as unintentional and uncontrollable as hiccoughs
    • Hearing an inner sound or sounds, classically described as a flute, drum, waterfall, birds singing, bees buzzing but which may also sound like roaring, whooshing, or thunderous noises or like ringing in the ears.
    • Mental confusion; difficulty concentrating
    • Altered states of consciousness: heightened awareness; spontaneous trance states; mystical experiences (if the individual's prior belief system is too threatened by these, they can lead to bouts of psychosis or self-grandiosity)
    • Heat, strange activity, and/or blissful sensations in the head, particularly in the crown area.
    • Ecstasy, bliss and intervals of tremendous joy, love, peace and compassion
    • Psychic experiences: extrasensory perception; out-of-body experiences; pastlife memories; astral travel; direct awareness of auras and chakras; contact with spirit guides through inner voices, dreams or visions; healing powers
    • Increased creativity: new interests in self-expression and spiritual communication through music, art, poetry, etc.
    • Intensified understanding and sensitivity: insight into one's own essence; deeper understanding of spiritual truths; exquisite awareness of one's environment (including "vibes" from others)
    • Enlightenment experiences: direct Knowing of a more expansive reality; transcendent awareness
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

we're all stocked up here.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

http://www.elcollie.com/st/intro.html

Introduction

This site was originally an adjunct to our international, nonprofit Kundalini support newsletter, SHARED TRANSFORMATION. This newsletter offerd Kundalini information and provided a forum where individuals involved in the tremendous journey of awakening could exchange insights, explore the many dimensions of transformation, and share their personal Kundalini experiences. The newsletter is no longer being published.

Kundalini is the Hindu word for the sacred transformative element that awakens consciousness. When it becomes active, it is usually felt as a high vibrational, electromagnetic energy or powerful force in the body, and/or a strong sense of the inner presence of the Spirit. The Kundalini Signs & Symptoms section lists an array of physical and mental/emotional changes that may accompany the awakening process. The exact symptoms and experiences vary with each person. Also, as time goes by, people may find they are experiencing different things on the list. Some phases are blissful and magical; the more cathartic and cleansing parts of the process may be difficult. This process is also called shamanic awakening, ascension, awakening the light body or the energy body, rebirth, or simply transformation.

We are El Collie and C. Kress, editor and publisher, respectively, of ST. This is El Collie speaking. C. Kress is my soulmate and collaborator. He is the strong, silent one behind the scenes whose abiding efforts, creativity, faith, forbearance, generous nature and not least, computer skills, makes it possible for us to do this work together. I am a writer, innovator, organizer, shamanic artist, and spiritual counselor who, in 1991, experienced a totally unexpected, involuntary Kundalini awakening. I have been engulfed by continuous, 24-hr-a-day Kundalini manifestations ever since.

Throughout my life, I have followed an eclectic spiritual path, exploring many traditions and practices. Never did I deliberately attempt to rouse my Kundalini, nor was I doing anything known to trigger the release of Kundalini when my mysterious symptoms began. In the beginning, I had no idea what was happening to me. Because my initial Kundalini experiences were severe physical symptoms, I was in and out of the hospital for five months, being tested for nearly every disease under the sun. No pathology could be detected; my doctors were at a loss to explain my strange illness.

Then, through a series of synchronicities, including the increasingly bizarre changes in my symptoms (I was by now experiencing the more classic Kundalini manifestations such as extremely heightened consciousness, seeing brilliant lights, feeling tremendous internal electricity, incandescent heat, etc.), I discovered the true cause of my peculiar ailment. Realizing that I was experiencing the emergence of Kundalini was incredible to me. From the literature I had previously read, I had been under the impression that Kundalini awakening -- especially spontaneous awakening -- was the most rare of human experiences. Apparently, up until recent times, this was true.

Within a year, to my further amazement, I learned that three friends I had not heard from in ages were also involved in lengthy, spontaneous Kundalini processes. I have never been much of an optimist. Judging by the current condition of the world, had my own Kundalini not risen, I would have doubted the New Age proclamations that we are in the midst of a collective developmental leap in human consciousness. But from what has transpired in my own life, on top of the testimony from countless others going through similar experiences, I have a growing spark of hope that as a species, we are truly evolving.

In my mostly isolated first year of trying to cope with rapid personal transformation, it dawned on me that those of us who are in the midst of spiritual awakening need communication and interconnection with others who know about this. Thus the vision for ST was born. Since we began ST newsletter in 1993 -- on a shoestring budget and with marginal publicity -- we have been contacted by over 1000 people in the throes of spontaneous Kundalini arousal. Many of them are finding it is an enormous challenge. For people in whom Kundalini rises involuntarily, the months/years of the process are often both a magnificent odyssey and a painful ordeal.

The risen Kundalini can produce a staggering array of physical, mental, emotional, psychic and spiritual changes which can fast become overwhelming. These difficulties are compounded when we live in a culture which has been, until very recently, ill-equipped to understand and support breakthroughs in consciousness. Whether sublime, excruciating, or anywhere inbetween, our Kundalini experiences are easier to bear when we do not feel alone with them, and when we realize something profound is transpiring within us. We need each other's help to make our way through the sometimes painful labyrinths of this alchemical healing process. Together we can explore the wonder of transcendence and open ourselves to greater awareness, unity, compassion and wholeness.

SHARED TRANSFORMATION accomodates any and all spiritual paths and religions without presuming to spiritually instruct our readers. We leave it to each individual to define their own path and beliefs. Nor do we offer advice on how to rouse dormant Kundalini energies. Our focus is to help those with an awakened Kundalini to understand and reap benefits from what can be a very long, amazing and intense process.

• frankiespeakin
  • talesin
    talesin

That was an interesting read, frankie.

It made me think of my experience of leaving the JW. It happened after a 'mysterious' illness. You may find it interesting ...

I was 18, had moved 'where the need is greater' to pine-ear. I got very sick in the spring, and was hallucinating from the fevers, and completely out of it. My parents came and brought me home. I have no memory of that. For three months, I drifted in and out of a coma-like state. The doctors could find nothing wrong with me. My mother kept me alive by spooning liquids into me.

When I came out of it, I had lost 30 pounds, and was very weak. I had also lost my faith. For about a year, I sporadically attended the KH, but my heart was no longer in it. I don't know what happened to me, but my eyes were opened, and I have never looked back.

The reason for my escape from the Tower? I have always felt it was disillusionment, and the hypocracy of the elders and others I knew. BUT, having been raised in da troot, I have never been able to figure out where that spark within me came from. That longing for FREEDOM. I have always felt it was a rather mystical experience. Perhaps it was 'kundalini'.

talesin

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It has many names.

I experienced this in a Christian framework (overwhelming conversion event).

Glad to see that you are reading broad and wide, Frankie.
    An open nmind is a beautiful thing.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Little Toe,

I find this subject fascinating simply because I practise something called Chi Gung or rather a form of it called Zhan Zhuang. I started it as a form of exercise and to help with my martial arts but have really started to feel the benefits after over a year of practise. The breathing techniques have also greatly improved my asthma. The Taoists use Zhan Zhuang to circulate Chi and to help focus the Chi energy in the belly, hence the term 'fire in the belly'. The Bhuddists meditate or chant to accomplish the same thing, although I've only read about this briefly.

I've had some lucid dreams and even a brief OBE recently which was scary. But it is interesting to me that the Taoists use the term 're-birth' once you have mastered Chi circulation from the Tan Tien or the belly, that is you can then circulate your energy in the same was you did before birth in the womb. Is this what being "born-again" means?

Whatever it means, meditation and exercise have given me a spiritual focus that I never had.

CF.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

CF:
    I regularly exercise using QiQong (there are various spellings), as part of my TaiChi (I've been practicing Chen Old Frame since October).
    It's very energising, isn't it

I was showing a few folks some of it, in Dallas.

As for it being the "rebirth" of Christianity, I'd have to say that that the Christian framework wouldn't support that (and most Christians would find the concept abhorrant), but it's something that is part of my current studies, as the reciprocal wouldn't be accounted such

When you read John 3, what do YOU think?

• City Fan
    City Fan

Well I hate to read into things what I want to read into them, if you know what I mean.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God"; Nicode'mus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"

I think any kind of spiritual awakening would be accompanied by what I can only describe as internal changes. The Tao te Ching talks of the Tao or Way as 'hidden and nameless' and 'yet Tao alone supports all things and brings them to fullfillment'. Now if an exercise such as Zhan Zhuang can awaken a previously unused energy in the body in a kind of rebirth then I don't see it as much different from the traditional Christian transformation of being born again.

As I became a complete atheist after leaving the JWs I never thought I'd get a spiritual side again. Let's just say for a moment that my continued Zhan Zhuang practice eventually means I can OBE at will (can this be done?) then hasn't it awakened the ability to separate the physical body from the sprirtual one.

LT, would you say that to you Jesus is a catalyst to awaken these kind of experiences, that is, he's a shortcut really without having to spend 20 years in Buddhist meditation or years and years of Chi awakening exercises? John 3 is very interesting. Would teaching from the Taoists have spread to Palestine by this time?

I don't know about you, but when I try and explain to someone that the most intense exercise I've ever done in my life involves standing perfectly still, I get some very bemused replies!

CF.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Standing meditation, OBE's, and moving energy are all part of my regular fare

As I have often said, many people look for a "connection with the Divine", and IMHO the "Jesus Road" is most certainly the easiest way for the Western mind to "submit the ego".
    Is that not essentially the (alleged) aim of all spirituality (not religion)?

A 1 yr Taoist can (potentially) far outstrip a 30 yr Taoist, which is an openly acknowledged fact. If it takes 30 yrs to get to the same place, one must wonder why one was so slow...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit