Signs of an Awakening Kandalini!!

by frankiespeakin 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• City Fan
    City Fan

LT,

I have a friend who teaches martial arts and he was the first person who showed me this. He has been a Chi Gung practitioner for over 15 years and teaches classes in London. He has pictures of Buddha type figures and chakra patterns on his walls and in fact he helped me a lot in escaping my JW past.

I'd always presumed he was a Buddhist/Taoist type because of the symbols in his house so when I asked him I was surprised when he said he was a Catholic. He said to me that most of it was rubbish but the Eucharist (I think that's the term he used) was the same as Chi energy circulation. Actually the way you have expressed it is far easier to understand than my friends explanation!

Did your particular 'conversion event' occur after practising Chi Gung for some time or do you think it was unrelated?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It was totally unrelated, but it put me on a path of spiritual self-awareness that lead me to question and finally leave the borg, and ultimately start TaiChi.

I understand that there's a number of books by Jesuits and others regarding Taoism for Christians, that relate to it from a Christian framework of understand. I have a friend bringing me some next week, so I'll get you the titles (if I recall ). I certainly believe that I have a much better understanding of Ying/Yang, than ever before, especially after recently reading and assimilating "The Yin of TaiChi".

Much of the "religion" of Christendom may be used properly, but often isn't.
    Meditation, and especially prayer, is a typical example of this...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Tale,

Interesting what other experiences have you had.

LT & CF,

I guess what ever religious framework your into has a bearing on how you interpet what is happening example :read St. John of the cross, St. Teresa or Rummi,,they all interpet it according to religious beleifs.

I guess that's why Carl Jung was so dead set against westeners adopting eastern thought hook line and sinker,,it can cause tremendous problems or as he put it "inflation".

I think the site I gave the link for can make it a little easier for those experiencing this awakening for it tries to stay neutral with reguard to religious ideas and focus on support for those haveing this experience.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Frankie:
    Are not most frameworks an attempt to explain the experience the human undergoes, and how they interact with that which they sense?

For that reason I've made it my quest tro understand a variety of frameworks, to better understand where people are coming from, and to relate.

The commonality is astounding

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LT,

Understanding a variety of frame works is good,,I just don't want to be tied down to one. I think C. Jung has a lot to offer,,he surely has been through it. I recomend his writings.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I agree. He has a lot to say, of worth.

Why did you think I billed myself as an "unorthodox Christian"?

Edited to add:
    The true Eastern mindset is as alien to the Westerner as vica-versa.
    The assimilate both is an extraordinary feat.

• City Fan
    City Fan

LT,

Some titles would be great. (How much have I spent on books since joining this forum? !)

And thanks for the link Frankie!

Have any of you guys read any Deepak Chopra? I haven't but his books were recently recommended to me.

CF.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I have one book by Deepak Chopra (I forget the title).

May I also recomment "The Way to Love" by Antony De Mello.
    I recently reordered it (it's dirt cheap), as I gave away my own copy.
    It was recommended to me by James Thomas.

Like you, I've spent a small fortune on books, this last wee whiley.
    I have about £200 worth sitting in my Amazon shopping basket, right now, waiting until I can afford to card them

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Here's a good book by Professor Harold Coward "Jung and Eastern Thought" good chapter 6,"Jung and Kandalini"

• City Fan
    City Fan

Thanks for those recommendations!

It's not just me who has a pile of books sat in his Amazon shopping basket then!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit