I forgot..........

by Puternut 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Badger
    Badger

(((puter)))

remember, life of yours and you kids isn't over. not by a long shot.

I don't know your whole story, but I'm certain at some level, they really miss their father.

I know that this is small comfort, but don't give up yet. Children grow and change, and as they do, they likely want to connect with something they may have missed out on.

Keep trying. No one can take it from you, and they will one day know how you feel.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Here is your assignment:

Obtain a copy of any vidoetape, audiotape or anything whatsoever that has their picture or the sound of their voice. It may take some time, but it will be well worth it.

My friend, I lived this. When my parents cut me off, that extended to aunts, uncles, cousins even the grandparents. So I made it my goal to obtain the plethora of pictures (it turned out to be 950 plus) from my childhood. It took me 3 years and some damn fine detective work but I got them. Those pictures are my only link to what was.

This is where I see you now. There will come a day when they will want to get in touch with you. Until that day comes, move heaven and earth but obtain whatever visual and/or audio record that exists of your children. You will be amazed at how much a few seconds of video or a slide can mean. You will also be amazed at how healing it can be as well.

Chris

• outnfree
    outnfree

Chris, that was a great idea!

((((Puternut)))), awwwww... -- your post made my heart hurt for you and your kids. I'm so sorry.

outnfree

• Puternut
    Puternut

Thanks Chris,

I'm going to have to work on that.

Puternut

• onacruse
    onacruse

Puter, like Chris said, get what you can, keep it and cherish it.

I have nothing: Not a single picture, not a VHS, not a voice; nothing.

SS #'s only.

I feel your pain.

Craig

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

I am sorry that you have to deal with this. I hope you are able to get a call in to them. I hope that this is just a temporary thing.

• TRUTH SEEKER
    TRUTH SEEKER

I am so sorry to hear this. That was a really good suggestion by Chris. We are here for you and feel your pain with you~

Jill

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Hi Puter...

Hang in there matey and keep trying - all the effort will be worth it one day!! I was seperated from my little girl for 2 1/2 years, and had to fight tooth and nail to get to see her.

My ending to that story so far, has been a really happy one. I hope and pray yours will be too!!

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers,

Bull!

• talesin
    talesin

You dear man. I'm so sorry you are being treated this way. There's nothing more special than a dad who loves you. Let's hope your kids remember that, sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, keep getting all the support you need. I don't talk to my friends about JWD, except for my ex. I told him how you had been feeling on one particular evening. I was feeling bad, and helpless that I could not be there for you. He sends you a cyber-hug as well. We are here for you, {{{puter}}}.

{{{{ona}}}}, I didn't know that. It's just not right.

tal

(of the 'lost for words' class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit