Marijuana for migraines?

by Odrade 43 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

And DO NOT drink another cup because you do not notice anything. The same with cookies. It can last hours until it is digested...

BTW, at the last xjw-workshop, psychologist Dieter Rohmann said that many XJW are experimenting with MJ because they trying new things. After some time they stop because they then know what it is like.

Of course, it is completly different with therapeutic use...

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

the best is cookies because as mentioned it absorbs in fat rather than water. When eaten the body converts cannabis into a compound about 3 times stronger than when smoked but does take an hour to kick in. It is a lovely smooth high though when you eat it with a mellow lead in rather than the immediate hit when you smoke. I smoke regularly and would recommend eating it if you are not a smoker as you avoid the carginogens released in the smoke - all smoke includes tars which damage the lungs and promote cancer.

As with all things, if you know the risks and proceed carefully and with open eyes then you will be safe.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Wow, thanks for all the ideas guys. Problem with cookies/brownies, etc. When I have a migraine I sure don't want to be standing up cooking stuff, not to mention the hour or so it takes to kick in. As far as carcinogens, how about a bong? I wouldn't smoke it often enough to worry about my lungs. I get more carcies sitting in a bar for an hour or so than I would treating a migraine once a month. But my understanding is the water grabs some of the tars so, less in your lungs + less coughing. (whoever mentioned that is so right, no cough spells when migraining.)

The thorazine (who ever asked) was for stomach spasms. The other drug they gave me (can't remember the name) was a pain drug they give right after surgery, as well as the Atavan, fast pain relief.

I gotta believe all those drugs do my body a LOT worse than a couple of hits would have been. And an 1/8 of good pot probably wouldn't have been too much more than the ER copay, plus would have lasted several headaches...

Practically speaking, how much does that stuff cost now, been 10 years since I knew the going rate, and how do I find someone who can sell me quality?

O

• Odrade
    Odrade

Also, so let me get this straight. Making bud-butter. I can make it like garlic butter, then spread it on a little bread right? I don't have to make f'ing cookies with a migraine do I? How much would I use for one dose? Same as I would smoke in one sitting?

TY all.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Odr

You could make some cookies, then freeze em. When you need em, there they are.

SS

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Hey I have never tried the wacky tabacky, I often wondered what its like. How does it feel? Does drinking make it feel better? Where can i get it?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

>Does drinking make it feel better?

Do not mix drugs.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Intresting.. Why? What happens?

• Odrade
    Odrade

Actually stef, think he was serious on the don't mix thing. I know that many cases of alcohol poisoning are because of pot along with it. MJ suppresses the gag reflex/stomach spasms, so when you get to the point where the body vomits to protect itself (blood alcohol levels too high,) with MJ, it won't, so it can be really dangerous.

Also, you don't know how marijuana is going to mix with other drugs. In fact, many drug problems are due to the side effects from interactions.

Good point. Don't get high, then take your relpax... dangerous.

O

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Yes, I was serious. Do not mix it. You might feel sick and not high at all.

And BTW: alcohol is more dangerous than MJ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit