Why Oh why !

by blobby 27 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Blobby, or was that a misspell for Bobby, or Knobby, or Fobby.

Never Mind. Welcome aboard, and if you have any sense about you, and I MEAN ANY SENSE... on June 2 or 3rd 2005, you will be posting a thread about how it's you're 1 year annivesary here.

UP TO THE CHALLENGE MATE !!

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Well blobby,

If and when you make it out of the organization, chances are you won't be questioning why there are so many former JW's who continue to post as much as they do on web sites such as this one. You'll just be damned glad that you have a place to go to for support. And chances are, you are going to need it. Maybe you will be the exception to the rule and have no problems upon your leaving. But most go through quite a few changes the day they step out of those Kingdom Hall doors for the last time. And that's what keeps me posting here. There's a great sense of satisfaction that former JW's experience in helping those who have made the difficult decision to leave the Watchtower Society. There are few bonds that create such strong ties between people, like that of former JW's.

It's kinda funny, but you'll no doubt experience more love and understanding from a bunch of strangers here on this website (and others like it) than you ever did in person with the JW's you currently know.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Hey Blobby,

This site has helped me to exit the Org--without it I would still be struggling with many issues. Exiting the Org is a process--some of us have been in it for years and we it takes awhile to purge it out of our systems and the whole ordeal can be painful and disorientating. Most of the people here understand the pain of the process and are in different stages of their transistion, which is good because we need help on many different levels. Some here are still lonely because they have lost a lot of family and friends. I was in 20 years and have only 1 friend left in the Org who addresses me as a human being, but I know that if she stays in there even she will eventually cut me off. So fellow feelings truly do exist here, despite the fact that we are all out here floating around in cyber-space. Don't know how long I will be here, but it may be a while. Hope I can be supportive of others in the same way they have been supportive of me.

take care,

cybs

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Hi Blobby,

Why do you ex JW's still keep coming onto this web site (ok I know its interesting etc) and dipping your toes in? I'd of thought you'd want to forget everything !

Well it doesn't have a hold on me anymore, so I don't need to forget it. Forgetting doesn't really get to the bottom of it anyway, (often you don't really forget, you just stuff it in the back closet ) but I can understand why some people would think this. If nothing else, sometimes it just gets old - before I signed on with this name I had been on here, but it had been almost a year ago. Frankly I come here because there are some people who are more open minded than the general population out there, those who were never a JW or anything. I enjoy talking with people like that, and at the same time it can be helpful for people who are open but still have all that JW content. These are people who have had something of a wake up call and sometimes that goes beyond the JW experience, sometimes it's about life itself and I think that's a very rare thing. I'm always interested in being with people who want to really show up for life.

Nothing personal just asking a question !...is this going to be me in 3 years???

What I've found is that from the perspective of freedom, it doesn't really matter what you do. Even if you are still coming here in 3 years, that doesn't in itself determine whether you are stuck. If someone enjoys something they do you don't say they are stuck on it, they just like doing it. The question "is this going to be me" implies an unknown, and in not knowing that's already freedom, right there.

• Atilla
    Atilla

Just when I think, ah, this will be the last time I visit this sight, I get pulled back in. This sight has helped me a great deal and with my life growing up in the terrible JW cult and that I'm not alone in my effort to get back to normacy. Also, sadly this sight has also made me realize that I have gotten out in tact with only 21 years wasted, I'm now 24, and that many more people on this board have suffered far worse than me at the hands of the WT org.

I'm pretty much about as healed as I'm going to be, the scar is still very much there, I've accepted how I was raised and I have been able to move on. However, there is still the constant battle because my parents are still very much active dubs, thus the war goes on. I also look forward to the many years ahead see all JW prohecy to be completly proven false, the logical end is just around the corner, that's what I tell my parents.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Blobby, there are also those of us who have been out for many years, but then stumble in here. It's interesting to talk with others who have shared a common experience. I last regularly attended meetings more than 20 years ago.

• bebu
    bebu

Why?

1) because I have come to care about all the folks behind the crazy user names ("blobby"..?)

2) because I've had many interesting discussions and exchanges.

3) because JW theology is a good starting point for personal reflection, and examining/comparing philosophies and theologies. We don't all agree about these things--but it is interesting that we can almost all agree that the JW doctrines are hollow, false, controlling, and evil.

4) because this is one of the biggest boards on the net!

I must be famous!

bebu

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

What else is there to do on this crap Internet?

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit