Why Oh why !

by blobby 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

Ello Blobbo from West Cornwall, me names Celt the Mark, or the other way round or sommit. Hey, there even be a bbq for us Brits coming up soon, you up to coming down to Somerset, drinking some beers, having a few laughs and meeting new people? As to 3 years time, aye, you'll be as mad and cantankerous as I.

Welcome to the board, good to see you here, looking forward to your posts.

Mark

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

See Blobby???? and THAT (the past several posts above this one) are EXACTLY the reason I still come here.

You have to PAY for that kind of entertainment on other boards

• kls
    kls

Chevy, you mean we could be getting paid to entertain you ? Simon ?

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Blobby,

I welcomed you on your Bikers thread. Now you are asking more good questions. Good for you.

It is all about stages of recovery and willingness to support others. If you want to click on my, or anyone elses, name and select our "posting history" and you will see the evolution each of us have gone through since finding this site. We go through stages similar to the grief process of having lost a person we love, partly because WE have lost everything that was, at one time, important to us.

What is different about the stages of grief is we also have stages of discovery. We slowly find out we have ONLY LOST OUR PAST, but we have a bearable present and a wonderful future. Those who are going through this process keep coming for support. Those who have been through the process and still come here ussually are here only to support others through the journey. You asked:

Nothing personal just asking a question !...is this going to be me in 3 years???

That is only determined by how fast you go through the process and whether or not you choose to stay and help others through it. What ever you decide, good for you. You will be a new person by then.

Jst2laws

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

KLS here's a web cam shot of exactly what I can do with a Keyboard

• kls
    kls

WooooWoooo Barf, is the ride over yet?

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Blobby,

For me I think there is a very special bond between ex JW's. The old addage... "It takes one to know one"

We know and understand eachother even though we have different ways to survive. We can speak freely here. Something we were never allowed to do. We have different views and different ways of healing.

We always don't agree......but we are free to take what is helpful and pass over what doesn't apply to us.

I know when I come on here, I speak of finding Jesus. I speak about what helped me have a relationship with God again.

Basically we share love, support, understanding and give an ear for someone that wants to vent. I think we have allot of love to share. In some ways.... the ex JW bond is as thick as blood...(excuse the pun) We all heal at different speeds. Some get over it quickly... others carry secret hurt for years.

mostly.. I think we just plain care a whole lot.

agape love, Gold

• Deleted
    Deleted

Good question. I don't visit other sites as much as Free Minds and this forum. My wife isn't at all interested to revisit them, it's totally behind her now. For me it's something I think I will always be interested in. Sick huh?

• Sassy
    Sassy

I am here for several reasons.. I've made some awesome friends here..

even though I have only left officially close to a year ago, I still have things come up in my exiting issues that it helps to recieve help from people here... lets face it, you are not over abuse very fast..

AND.. I want to be here for others behind me.. Imagine if only people struggling from first leaving were here.. it would be the lost leading the lost..

how awesome it is that people lovingly stay around

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

This has been my support base for about 9 months now. I remember in the begining how happy I was to come in every night, and now when I go through my ups and downs I can come in here and let it all out yet still maintain my anonouniminity. Have some laughs and even throw in my two cents when I see someone going through something I went through. Its very comforting reading about others same sad stories that I went through knowing I wasn't the only one. And I have ran into two fellows I was a witness with, one who I attended meetings with as a boy and the other who served with me in Bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit