Why Oh why !

by blobby 27 Replies latest jw friends

• blobby
    blobby

Now don't get me wrong....I'm on the way out (no not the closet !)

Why do you ex JW's still keep coming onto this web site (ok I know its interesting etc) and dipping your toes in? I'd of thought you'd want to forget everything !

Support is one thing but 1500 + posts is another ????

Nothing personal just asking a question !...is this going to be me in 3 years???

• kls
    kls

Blobby, many are here for friendship and moral support. There are folks here that have family still in the cult and are being shunned and hurt by their own family. Many that have left the org. left their friends when the walked away or were dfed. Yes this could be you in a matter of months, and it is a place with knowledgable , loving, caring people ,some have even lost their minds and you will see who they are .

• avishai
    avishai

Well, buddy, it very well may be. Some of us cant forget because we're trying to help others who are recently out or have questions. Welcome, and looking forward to your posts.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Therapy and friendship. Everyone needs a support group.

• Simon
    Simon

Friendship mainly I think - people who know the baggage and hangups you have without you having to explain it all, even when you are talking about non-JW stuff.

Hey, 1 day and 7 posts. In less than 1 year you will have 1500+ at that rate

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

<thinks a six pack is her support group>

seriously, many come here just because we've made friends here over the years, and this is where they congregate! how many people can say they have instant access to 100+ friends at *one time* for fluff, heart-to-hearts, political melees, etc? Wonderful, isn't it?

If you stay here, this *will* be you in three years and you will be very happy about that, I assure you! Because if you don't like it, you'll leave. And if you don't leave after three years, you will more than likely be happy that you're here. Otherwise, you are a person who loves to go somewhere that makes them absolutely miserable, and I'd hate to think that about you. It's not polite. <grin>

So.. stick around for awhile and see if we don't grow on ya like a fungus.

CG

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Hey Blobby!!! When I first left and then eventually found this place all I wanted to discuss was doctrine and beliefs. We have many posters on this board who continue to post about such things. I know for myself the information they offered when I first left was very very beneficial.

I try to avoid those topics now, mainly because I already got it all out of my system. I enjoy the lighter sided posts. For me it's the same as posting on any other board that ISNT JW related. I've established realtionships with people. I want to know how they're doing. Sometimes I have a bad day once in a while. Sometimes issues still arise because I still have family associated with JWs, that bother me. I dont have anyone in my everyday life that can understand that. Knowing there's a place to visit that I can just read other's posts and have my day brightened is a great thing for me. Or if I can help brighten someone else's day make me feel good as well.

I used to feel the same way as you "just get over it and move on". I for myself, feel like I have. But I have waaaaaaaay too much fun here.

• kls
    kls

And when Chevy say's she has waaaaaaaaaaaa to much fun here believe it . You should see what she can do with a keyboard.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Its fun.

Plus, in my case I am still fascinated by JW and X-JW culture, and sometimes still affected directly by it.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I come here for the free m&m's after every 100 posts (postage paid of course).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit